MacBook Pro 13" 2016 Double Key Press

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kjung7, Jan 4, 2017.

1. 537635 macrumors 6502a

Well put. I also do not believe this is fixable. The margins are simply too tight to accommodate a proper keyboard fix.

At this point I only hope that enough of these keyboards fail that somebody intiates a class action lawsuit against Apple.

2. seongyupyoo macrumors newbie

seongyupyoo

I think enough of these keyboards are failing for a class action lawsuit, but Apple will make the case that this is a user fault in the first place for getting the keyboard dirty, like spilling coffee on it or something. That's the view Apple geniuses were having, and that replacement will cost $700, and that I better be more careful next time or put a cover on it next time.

3. greenmeanie macrumors 65816

greenmeanie

If you people are really telling the truth about the KB's then why no class action lawsuit yet?
    $3K $4K laptops and your KB's are down I would be PO'ed and yet you still buy Apple LOL.

4. 537635 macrumors 6502a

Because I live in a tiny country at the edge of the known world. Obviously somebody in the U.S. has to do it.

5. seongyupyoo macrumors newbie

seongyupyoo

I'm not PO'ed. And it could be argued that KB problem was caused by me. I could have been more careful, or put a cover on it. I just did not realize how much they sacrificed robustness of their keyboard or thinness.

6. ssssss_sss macrumors newbie

Also have this issue. I am testing my software solution and it might help you from replacing a key or entire keyboard (more than that). Hope it helps

https://github.com/Aahung/Unshaky