Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celi8071

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
I just got my new macbook pro today, and have the 9c9f display. What manufacturer is this? So far this display is excellent. Even color, deep dark blacks, etc. Thxs

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I just got my new macbook pro today, and have the 9c9f display. What manufacturer is this? So far this display is excellent. Even color, deep dark blacks, etc. Thxs

i have that model too..i upgraded from a 13" mbp and the difference is night and day

the new display is so much richer in color, good stuff

SportyMac

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Just thinking about this playing with my pda:
How can I identify which panel is built in my MBP?
Greetz

edit:
found solution:#
Download http://www.madrau.com/switchres/SwitchResXControl.zip, run it by clicking "Export EDID" button. Save the text file and read it from TextEdit. It should report model number at the end under Descriptor #2. You will also see the color info and manufactured date. 9C9F could be the same LG-Philips panel as 9CBD with different manufactured date. Please also share Color Info section.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Both the 9CBD and the 9C9F are the same screen model #. Both are excellent screens, the same that used to be used in the macbook air. I think the color "issues" come from the 60% greater color gamut, and are not really issues at all. At least to me, the display just looks vibrant and beautiful. May be annoying to professionals that need perfect color accuracy, but it looks great to me.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Both the 9CBD and the 9C9F are the same screen model #. Both are excellent screens, the same that used to be used in the macbook air. I think the color "issues" come from the 60% greater color gamut, and are not really issues at all. At least to me, the display just looks vibrant and beautiful. May be annoying to professionals that need perfect color accuracy, but it looks great to me.

+1 9C9F look great on mine..I did not notice any of the issues that people mention in this thread or the other linked thread. I compared this screen to my 13" MacBook and it blows it away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.