Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yozh

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2008
Here are 3 profiles which look cool / neutral / warm on my screen so have a look to see which one improves your screen.

Tips:

1. Set the desktop to 'Solid Medium Gray' (Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Solid Colors)

2. Choose a picture something like this & then use the arrow keys to select the different profiles:

PBase Love my Viola II

Various Black/White/Grey tests:

Black_White_Grey test

Black Sensitivity Test

OMG this is driving me nuts all this colors and profiles. I have a 9C9E and I tried quiet few profiles, I found one that I think I like, but after going to the "Various Black/White/Grey tests:" the background looks brown not gray, so I`m assuming thats the wrong color ?

alexeismertin

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2005
Bristol, UK
Firstly thanks Ruahrc, that's very useful to know.

With that in mind I re-calibrated using the built in Colorsync utility & Supercal & the results are about as neutral as I could get it (but not perfect). I appreciate that it may well look 'off' on other peoples machines in the same way as some of the other profiles look very red or very green on my machine.

Thanks to everyone for sharing

Attachments

• 9CBD calibrated.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 533

CPPMaster

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
VA/USA
Calibrated using SpyderPro

I used a ColorVision SypderPro device to calibrate my MCB PRO 13" and also my external 21" ViewSonic and works great.

http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-mc-s2e.php (I have the PRO version)

Because I am "new" on some MAC stuff, if someone send me a step by step, I will be more than happy to export and post the profile file.

Regards.

alexeismertin

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2005
Bristol, UK
I used a ColorVision SypderPro device to calibrate my MCB PRO 13" and also my external 21" ViewSonic and works great.

http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-mc-s2e.php (I have the PRO version)

Because I am "new" on some MAC stuff, if someone send me a step by step, I will be more than happy to export and post the profile file.

Regards.

Hi

What sort of help do you need, for the Spyder follow the instructions that came with it, install the software and dangle the Spyder over the screen (do it in a dimly lit / dark room), start the software & once it does its thing, install the profiles & swap between them using this guide:
ICC profiles location & how to change

CPPMaster

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
VA/USA
Hi

What sort of help do you need, for the Spyder follow the instructions that came with it, install the software and dangle the Spyder over the screen (do it in a dimly lit / dark room), start the software & once it does its thing, install the profiles & swap between them using this guide:
ICC profiles location & how to change

Hi :) Thanks.

I know how to use the Spyder, I use the device for quite a while now. I was not sure the exact profile location on the MAC, if someone need a copy, like attach here to someone to use also. But, I figureout, and your link help also.

Regards.

alexeismertin

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2005
Bristol, UK
Hi :) Thanks.

I know how to use the Spyder, I use the device for quite a while now. I was not sure the exact profile location on the MAC, if someone need a copy, like attach here to someone to use also. But, I figureout, and your link help also.

Regards.

Please post your profile(s) so we can have a try, thanks

Step 1 CTRL click and create a zip file

Step 2 Reply to this and add attachment

Step 3 Upload

Preview Post & submit

Attachments

• step 1.png
    step 1.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 151
  • step 2.png
    step 2.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 128
  • step 3.png
    step 3.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 119

CPPMaster

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
VA/USA
Here we go.....

9C9E , and by the way, looks really great.

Please post your profile(s) so we can have a try, thanks

Step 1 CTRL click and create a zip file

Step 2 Reply to this and add attachment

Step 3 Upload

Preview Post & submit

Attachments

• 1-Color LCD.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 837

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
So I got my 13" MBP yesterday and what do i find when I open it? I have th 9C9E samsung screen (supposedly the worst one).

Does anyone want to talk me out of suicide? Is this the most common screen people get?

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
Your screen is fine. I have the 9C9E and it looks fine, great even. You just opened it and found 9C9E? Did you even have a careful look? Do you think it looks bad? Have you tried to adjust it yet? Or are you just blindly following to the complaints of others, many of whom have shown they don't have a solid understanding of the issues involved (I'm not singling any particular person out here, but a general description of the screen-related posts on this board).

I am willing to bet that only about 1% of the screen complaints on this board are legitimate, the other 99% being from people who don't know what they're doing, don't understand color management on computers and doing it wrong, or just having unrealistic expectations for what are still 6-bit TN panels.

Ruahrc

P.S. and don't double post. Find the most relevant topic and put it there. This board is active enough that people will see it.

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Your screen is fine. I have the 9C9E and it looks fine, great even. You just opened it and found 9C9E? Did you even have a careful look? Do you think it looks bad? Have you tried to adjust it yet? Or are you just blindly following to the complaints of others, many of whom have shown they don't have a solid understanding of the issues involved (I'm not singling any particular person out here, but a general description of the screen-related posts on this board).

I am willing to bet that only about 1% of the screen complaints on this board are legitimate, the other 99% being from people who don't know what they're doing, don't understand color management on computers and doing it wrong, or just having unrealistic expectations for what are still 6-bit TN panels.

Ruahrc

P.S. and don't double post. Find the most relevant topic and put it there. This board is active enough that people will see it.

I think it looks pretty good out of the box, and once i get time to calibrate it and download other peoples calibrations i'm sure it will be great. It looks a bit washed out right now but hopefully calibration will help.

That was just a blind comment after opening, since people seem to say the samsung panel is the worst, and i seem to have bad luck with these sorts of things. Really i was looking for re-assurance from other owners who have calibrated this screen and find it good.

I saw another thread a few minutes ago that compared a calibrated 9c9e and 9c9f and said they were nearly identicle.

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Here is my calibration profile for my 9c9e screen, made with supercal. There are two versions -- one at 1.8 gamma, the other at 2.2.

I'd like to reiterate what others said though that screens vary on an individual basis, and these profiles may not be correct for other 13" mbp screens out there and calibrating yourself is best. But I do hope they help somebody out there :)

Hey thank you for that profile. The one called 9C9E looks amazing. I have downloaded a handful of them from this forum and this is my favorite so far! Massive improvement over the stock settings. I thought people were exadurating when they said that calibration could fix these screens up.

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
I think it looks pretty good out of the box, and once i get time to calibrate it and download other peoples calibrations i'm sure it will be great. It looks a bit washed out right now but hopefully calibration will help.

That was just a blind comment after opening, since people seem to say the samsung panel is the worst, and i seem to have bad luck with these sorts of things. Really i was looking for re-assurance from other owners who have calibrated this screen and find it good.

I saw another thread a few minutes ago that compared a calibrated 9c9e and 9c9f and said they were nearly identicle.

I just found a good profile, and man the stock calibration looks terrible.

luztra

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
We have three new Macbook Pros at home. One is the 13" 2.53 which has a 9CBD screen and we have calibrated fine (beautiful screen). The other two are 13" 2.26 models with a 9CA0 screen and a 9C9F screen. Both of these we have had no success with using the profiles already kindly uploaded by users.

We would appreciate it anyone else with either of these screens could upload any calibration files we could try. We have tried calibrating using SuperCal, but never seem to be able to get the screens as good as the 9CBD screen.

Thank you in advance.

Vidnez

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
Hi.

Here is my profile for 9C9E. Native white point and a gamma of 2.2, it looks awesome on my screen.

Attachments

• MBP 2.2 D65-4272780.icc.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 916

HFU

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2005
SL (10A394) Default Color Profile Looks Better

Here is SL (10A394) default color profile. It looks better than the default color profile came with Leopard 10.5.7 (9J3050) on 9CBD panel. You may give a try on other LCD models.

Attachments

• Color LCD-4272F40.icc.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 471

Jollins

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2006
Hi.

Here is my profile for 9C9E. Native white point and a gamma of 2.2, it looks awesome on my screen.

Oooh this is my favorite so far. I like it more than the ones I posted.

Anyone with a 9C9E screen should try out these profiles. It makes a huuuuge improvement.

jim0266

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
9C9F LP133WX3-TLA1 Profile

This profile for the MacBook Pro 13" was made with the X-Rite Eye-One Match. Give it a try. As noted in the subject I have the LP133WX3-TLA1 screen, also known as the 9C9F. The gamma is 2.2.

Attachments

• jarnold_LP133WX3-TLA1.icc.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 685

orrelse44

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
Hmmmm. I'm using some of these profiles for mine and I'm not in agreement. Too dark. If you watch a dark (try something sci-fi) movie, you are missing out on so much detail. I'm not at all happy with the default purple-blue thing, but it is certainly better than these calibrations that are too dark.

PolySciSurfer

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
California
Hmmmm. I'm using some of these profiles for mine and I'm not in agreement. Too dark. If you watch a dark (try something sci-fi) movie, you are missing out on so much detail. I'm not at all happy with the default purple-blue thing, but it is certainly better than these calibrations that are too dark.

Default purple. I think everyone can agree blues look purple and a lot of the 13" MBP screens look washed out. But why?! Apple is touting these to be an improvement over the unibody macbooks. But my moms 2.4 Macbook unibody, has an amazing screen STOCK!! They should look great stock. I don't understand why we have to calibrate these to get a decent picture. This is a fault on Apples part and all these calibration profiles are just masking the inevitable.

I bought a brand new 13" MBP with the 9C9E screen and it was awful. Very washed out and blues were dramatically purple. That's is plain and simple a default of the machines. I returned mine. I'll buy again when they get this sorted out but needless to say I'm very unhappy about it.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2009
Any Calibration profiles for 9CAO Screen?

Hello,
does anyone have a professional display profile I can use for my macbook pro 13"? The model screen # is 9CA0. I have tried to eyeball it with the colorsync on the macbook but I don't think my eyes are up to it. Just going to default 2.2 Gamma and D6500 white isn't sufficient for me either, though it deepens the colors and ups the white a bit.......but lots of loss of details in darker areas. .
Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to use some of the other profiles offered on this thread for other model number screens, but not satisfied thus far.

luztra

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
Hello,
does anyone have a professional display profile I can use for my macbook pro 13"? The model screen # is 9CA0. I have tried to eyeball it with the colorsync on the macbook but I don't think my eyes are up to it. Just going to default 2.2 Gamma and D6500 white isn't sufficient for me either, though it deepens the colors and ups the white a bit.......but lots of loss of details in darker areas. .
Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to use some of the other profiles offered on this thread for other model number screens, but not satisfied thus far.

My sister has this screen and she ended up using a profile for another screen. I will try and upload the file later when at home.

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
Here are a whole heap of profiles downloaded from MacRumors. My sister, who has the 9CA0 screen has found the one called MBP13.icc to be the best suited for her, but try the other ones and see how you go.

Attachments

• profiles.zip
    925.1 KB · Views: 750
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.