MacBook Pro 13 in. Size?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lanarae, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Lanarae macrumors member

We have a 5 year old 15 inch MacBook Pro which has been great and We're debating on getting a new 13 inch Macbook Pro. How is it on the eyes? The reason I'm going smaller is because we're planning on getting 2012 iMac for the home and iPad for my husband. The 13 inch is mainly for the motorhome and the iPad is for my husband.

2. philipma1957, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011

philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

I have 54 year old eyes my advice is consider using the new 15 inch.

or maybe a refurbished

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC847LL/A

this is a good machine decent discount last years model but it will run snow leopard or lion

3. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I downsized from a 15" simply for the portability. Occasionally I miss being able to comfortably open two windows at a time and still be functional, but that is rare. I feel like the 13" is a perfect size, just large enough to fit on my lap when I need it to, but not too large as to get in my way. The screen resolution is something else you need to consider. Right now, the 13" only comes in one size, whereas there is a "high-res" option for the 15". Their pixel densities for the stock screens are very similar, so text will appear the same size on either one.
    If you plan to have the iMac as a primary machine, I think the 13 MBP will more than meet your needs and allow for more $ to upgrade the iMac (SSD, more ram, etc.)
    Happy hunting! :)