macbook pro 13 inch case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shyam09, Dec 19, 2010.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

so ii just read the guide for buying laptop sleeves/cases (on macrumors) and it says to stick with the ones made for apple [literally for your products]
    the thing is my budget is a bit low right now as i spent a lot of the MBP, so would it technically be okay to drive to say walmart (lets just say :p)and buy a case for 13.3 inches and stick it on my MBP or is this just "wrong"

2. simsaladimbamba

That case would probably not fit, as they have different port layouts and form and they wouldn't sit tight. Can't you look at eBay to find some cheaper ones than they are in the store?
    I got my Speck case at a sale, it was 20€ instead of 60 or 70€, maybe you can find something similar.

3. vistadude macrumors 65816

Don't get those cases that stay on all the time. They do little to protect and they look ugly and cost a lot for no reason. It's better to get a laptop bag or briefcase type of case when transporting your notebook. Those don't need to be specific to an apple notebook.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What are you using a case to protect your MBP from?
    Fall? That could still mess up the computer but may prevent dents.
    Scratches? Still will eventually get in the case and scratch your computer. Plus, MBP isn't very easy to scratch. I don't have any scratches on my MBP and I haven't had a case either.