Macbook Pro 13 Owners Tell your Experience!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HussamRaed, Jun 13, 2011.

1. HussamRaed macrumors regular

HussamRaed

Ok, as the title said, everyone who has a Macbook Pro 13, 2011 version, share your experance here! :D :D :D

I am planing on buying the base model (13in, 2.3 GHz, 4 RAM), but i want to know the experience form users who have bought it. (Speed, Battery, Screen, Others)

2. timothy273 macrumors newbie

mine is the i7,the cpu speed is fast but it use intel HD 3000, it isn't good for gaming but i tried photoshop cs5 is works fine. The screen's color is sharp and clear:D And i like the keyboard with light most. About the battery, if u don't use it for gaming and turn on the light of the keyboard for a long time, it can stay for 6-7 hours and depend what u do:D:D

3. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I love mine. When I was shopping I went in with an open mind between 13, 15, or 17; for me, the 13 is the perfect size. The 15 is too big for my bag, but aside from that because I could always get a new bag, I just liked how small the 13 was. The 17 seemed huge to me, I know on paper there really isn't that much of a difference between the 13 and 15 and the 15 and 17, but when holding/looking at them it was huge to me. Mine has the 2.4 C2D, but I don't do anything too processor intensive; the only downside of the current one is the Intel graphics(which I really hope they replace in the next update, because if they don't my next will have to be a 15"; I'm not taking a step down from my 320M).

The only thing I wish it had was a high res screen, but I don't miss not having it, I just wish I could watch 1080p on it.

4. HussamRaed thread starter macrumors regular

HussamRaed

Thanks man !!, i thought that no one will care about the post hah :rolleyes:

5. HussamRaed thread starter macrumors regular

HussamRaed

Thanks for your review!, and about the graphics, the 320M is obviously better but it's not that much of a difference (just a little but :) )

6. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

13" is a good unit for something so small. I love my 15" though, its a power house!

7. Fugue macrumors 6502

I recently bought a 13" as well and I love it! Powerful laptop that is extremely portable. ;)

8. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

9. palpatine macrumors 68040

Or completes it, for those of us who prefer glossy to dull.

10. aluren macrumors 65816

The glossy looks really nice, until you want to work outside on a sunny day. To me it's too much of an annoyance that I'm regretting my 13". I may get an anti-glare screen protector. Another thing is the overheating. I don't know why Apple uses aluminum on the bottom because it gets way too hot for comfort on your laps. I'm going to reapply the thermal paste to see if that will help.

But overall I really love the my 13" 2011 base model. This is my first mac ever, and I kinda missed Windows, so I run bootcamp and parallel desktop and everything runs smoothly. The battery life is superb. I've installed a Vertex 3 120gb and 8gb ram and it's a speed demon. It still amazes me at how fast it boots up and shuts down.

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

i work outside every day now. it's not a problem for me as long as the sun isn't behind me shining on it (table outside the coffee shop). i don't use the computer on my lap, so i can't confirm this for long periods, but i've got a hardcase on it, and that stays reasonably cool.

12. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

I love mine, I'm just bummed out about the Intel HD 3000. I miss discrete video graphics.

I tried playing LOTRO in Bootcamp and it really sucked. Fans were screaming too!

Good thing I don't play games very much these days!

13. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

I like mine. But at times I wonder if I should of went the 13" MBA. Putting a SSD into this MBP would be better!

14. adztaylor macrumors 68000

15. fattire357 macrumors regular

Hah, yeah, when I got my 13" I basically just assumed I wouldn't be playing any games on it...

The guy at the Mac store when I bought my macbook tried to convince me that the Intel HD 3000 was higher performance than last years discrete graphics chip... yah right :rolleyes:

16. dizzydot macrumors member

dizzydot

Love mine!

I've got the 13" i7 and I think it's brilliant especially after coming from an old Acer laptop which constantly broke down.

I've got no problem with the glossy screen in fact I really like it as everything is crisp and sharp looking. At 1st I thought I wouldn't get used to the smaller screen size after the 15.4" acer but within a couple of days I don't even notice it and the portability far outweighs any screen size downsides.
    The backlit keyboard should come as standard on all laptops IMO. The battery life is really good average 6-8 hours.

As for the overheating issue - maybe I've been lucky but I have no idea what all the fuss is about - I often work with it on my lap and never has it got too hot or even uncomfortable.

One of my best purchases all in all.:D

17. colticus macrumors newbie

I was a little disappointed in the graphics capability of the 2011 13" in comparison to my 2010 13". The 2010 played games much better. So I recently upgraded the ram of the 2011 to 8 gig and it runs games much better now. It compres to the 2010 in all the games I have tried.
    So now I am happy with my purchase. The i5 is blazing.

18. prism macrumors 6502a

I really dont understand why so many people are so bummed out with the GPU, its not as bad as it seems. In fact it is better than last years on the Mac side according to the anandtech review. Its on the PC side that there are some problems but it would seem to be that the issues are more likely driver related.
    Coming from a 2010 15" MBP, I am pleasantly surprised with this puppy.

19. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

First Mac and I love it. As a person who does the most gaming on his iPod Touch, Portal 1 and CS-Source run pretty well on my MBP.

20. colticus macrumors newbie

Half Life 2 was unplayable on my 2011 (pre ram upgrade) using the same settings my 2010 used.

21. imorton macrumors 6502

I love my 2011 13" Macbook Pro. I am coming from a white 2008 Macbook and there are many features that are awesome.

I find the stiffness of the whole laptop shell/housing excellent in comparison to the white 2008 Macbook.

I put a Vertex2 SSD in it and it screams.... boots quick (16-20secs), and apps fly. (Parallels Desktop XP opens in 16 secs)

It is super quiet with a SSD, and I can move it while running without fear.

It has excellent battery life, and I love the keyboard lighting.

And once you taste multitasking and all the features of Mac OSX, with Parallels Desktop, how could I go back to a Windows laptop...?

And I have had excellent service from Apple Tech Support and also with Applecare, so I don't ever see myself going back to the "dark side" :)

22. prism macrumors 6502a

I beg to differ or you have a faulty MBP unless you mean HL2 running on because on the Mac side it flies.

23. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

So far so good here. Just did a ram upgrade (G. Skill) and things are working great. Next upgrade is an Intel SSD. Hopefully those can go on sale soon. :D

24. AMacbook macrumors member

I have a 23 month old 13" MBP and I love it for surfing the web although it wont handle any games because they eat up its battery life.

25. colticus macrumors newbie

It flies with everything maxed out?

Crazy, how mine or my buddys 2011 13 cant do that. I guess we both got faulty ones. :rolleyes: