Macbook Pro 15" 2015 problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ~~Hello~~, Jul 20, 2015.

1. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

I've had my new macbook pro over 2 weeks now but I've noticed a problem with it in the last day or two.

The bottom case creaks. It seems to do it on the lower half, mostly on the left side. When i lifted it up, the corner cracked too. I don't know if the case is flexing or if its normal. I've tried looking around and some people say it's normal, but some people say it's not. Ive been prodding it all night. :(

Really don't know what to do. I think you get a 30 day return with the UK Apple online store. Should I book a genius appointment? Knowing my luck it probably wont creak when I show them. And I'll look a right numpty.

My mid 2010 macbook doesn't creak, so I don't know if I'm being OCD about it or not.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

3. vbedia macrumors regular

Mine doesn't, it is a retina macbook 15 late 2013. I don't think it is normal, however i would not lose my dream over it. Book an appointment and tell them your concern, they might help you and replace it for you.

4. ~~Hello~~ thread starter macrumors 6502

I will, says I cant return online, must be 14 days, but I've just booked a genius appointment. I'll see what they say.

Or maybe I'll phone up, can't get a genius appointment until later on this week.

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

6. keonoh macrumors newbie

Please let me know what the Genius says! I have the same issue and am curious what they say about it

7. ~~Hello~~ thread starter macrumors 6502

The speaker screws were loose. I can still here some clicking noises when its moved though

Around 1-3 seconds. It's either completely normal and I am overreacting. I'm really not pressing hard on it.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Just use your computer, it's not like you're moving it around while typing on it. Personally I wouldn't bother.

9. ~~Hello~~ thread starter macrumors 6502

Well yes, I wont be moving it like that under normal user sessions. However this noise makes happens when Im resting my arms on it. Just a little more difficult to film it. I could stop resting my arms on it but its a bit more difficult for typing.
    If I've paid for a high end machine, it shouldn't really be making any noise. Asked a few people and they say theirs dont make any noise at all. So I feel a bit short changed.

10. anthdci macrumors 6502

mine doesn't do that, take it to the apple store, have that video with you incase it doesn't do it when your there.

11. ~~Hello~~ thread starter macrumors 6502

I showed them the video, they said they would replace the backplate but couldnt do a replacement as I bought on the Apple online Store. So I have to talk to the phone support people. As they have acknowledged a problem I think I may be covered under the sale of goods act int the uk. In the first sixth months after purchase if there is an issue with the laptop you can insist on a free replacement rather than a repair. Worth a go anyway.

Either way I will have some resolution. An it looks like there's a scuff mark on one of the rubber feet, but I guess with a backplate replacement I wouldn't have to worry as they seem to be incorporated into the backplate.

12. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's within the year warranty they have to fix it just get them to fix it I can't see where the issue is???

13. n1smo macrumors member

I like to pick up my laptops with one hand, gripping the top lid with my thumb and the bottom with my other 4 fingers. However, with this rMBP, I've noticed that my fingers would flex the backplate and looking at it from different angles looks as if I was denting the aluminum. Needless to say, I now pick up the laptop with both hands and then transfer to stow on one hand/arm making sure I'm not putting too much pressure on the backplate. I was not expecting it to be so fragile.

14. ~~Hello~~ thread starter macrumors 6502

Why accept a repair when I can get a new replacement? Forked out enough on it. It's barely over a month old and I've had loose screws and the bottom case is warping. Doesn't fill me with much confidence.