Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSamurai

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2007
ɹǝpun uʍop 'ǝuɐqsı&#
MacBook Nano.

2kg,
2ghz c2d
2gb ram
1/2" thick
13"

and, here it is: (little rough around the edges)

LOL not bad, but I think the screen res is a little too high, they'd probably stuff in a (max) 1440x900 i guess... If it comes out I really don't want the same res as the macbook. it's too low!!!

and I really hope it will come out, and that your specs listed are plausable ;) I've been waiting quite a long time now for a smaller mbp, because the mb is just too... consumer-orientated.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Personally, I'd like to see the option of picking any internal hardware components with any size screen (maybe with the exception of GPU). I find it annoying that you have to buy the largest screen "laptop" to get the fastest processor. Seriously... a 17" monitor should not be considered a laptop.

I can understand, but from my perspective, 17" isn't that big at all, even with the fatter PC models. I can't see 20" or bigger being a laptop at all. Those things are huge and the PC makers don't even care about the 15 lbs weight on many of them. The 17" MBP is the slimmest of them all and isn't that much bigger than the 15", but I can see why anyone would say that those books are big.

Wouldn't it be great if Apple made a 19" or 20" MacBook Pro? Can you imagine the possibilities?

MBP:
New Mag Latch would be great
new function keys probable
2.4ghz on low end 15.4", 2.6 on higher model, 2.8ghz option on 17"
256 card standard. Still no 512 card.
HD on 15.4"
NEW LED 13.3" MBPRO:
128 Card
Processor speeds same as MB
super drive standard
New keyboard?
New remote?

New remote that fits inside the Express Card slot.... bring it on!
New keyboard that's exactly like the overrated and not that great anyway Mac Book... NO WAY!

MacBook Nano.

2kg,
2ghz c2d
2gb ram
1/2" thick
13"

and, here it is: (little rough around the edges)

I say bring this on too. I wouldn't mind getting one for my girlfriend who is still using her 12" PowerBook because the Mac Book is too big for her :rolleyes: go figure... but I wouldn't mind having one to backup my large 17" MBP either. ;):D

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I say bring this on too. I wouldn't mind getting one for my girlfriend who is still using her 12" PowerBook because the Mac Book is too big for her :rolleyes: go figure...

I'm with her. Well, I'm not with her, she's with you, but.... ;) What I'm trying to say is that I have 12" G4 that I'm holding on to because they don't do a MBP smaller than 15". The 12" was my favorite configuration by far of the iBooks and PowerBooks. 4 years later and it's still the perfect laptop, except for it's G4 and Leopard works the CPU/GPU hard, meaning that the fan runs after 20-30minutes of even light usage.

As soon as they come out with a 12" MBP or MB, I'll be first in line at the Apple store.

duykur

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
thats being optimistic

New MBP specifications:

Penryn 3.6GHz quadcore - 32MB cache
1.666MHz bus
Up to 16GB DDR3 RAM
Cheetah 400GB 10.000 RPM HDD
Optional 100GB SSD for booting up
GeForce 8800 Ultra 2500/1200 1GB VRAM
Slotload GreenRay - capable of burning 100GB discs
Multi Touch 15" 1920x1200 Screen
Carbon fiber case
Price: $1999

I forgot to mention "when"!
Sorry! :D

thats being kind of optimistic don't you think, but if i am proven wrong i will wait 3 days in line for that thing.

by the way whats greenray???? Did you mean BLU-ray

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.