Macbook pro 9400m with projector 1080p 60hz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrKay, Jul 17, 2011.

1. MrKay macrumors newbie

I have installed windows 7 on my mac. But when I use the nvidia Control panel to setup 1080p resolution To the projector it works. But I can't see the desktop item like recycle bin or the start button all I can see is the background. Can some one help me please thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That's because you have the project set up as an 'Extended Desktop' mode. You need to set it up as "Clone View" to see on the projector what you see on your screen.

3. MrKay thread starter macrumors newbie

But my MacBook pro 13 screen resolution can only go up to 1280x800 so if I do clone view then I won't have the 1080p 60hz resolution on the projector right?

4. stevemiller macrumors 65816

on the mac os side of things, in the arrangement tab of display preferences, you can drag the icon of the menubar and dock to your projector display.

in windows are you able to set the projector as the main or primary display? if i recall correctly that should place your start menu and icons on that display. (but i've been away from windows since xp, and dual monitors were far less common 6 years ago :p )

5. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

True, you have to decide really, have a low quality clone or an extended desktop onto the projector. That is unless you set the projector as your primary display, in Mac OSX you go to System Preferences --> Display and drag the white bar on the top of one of the blue boxes onto the other.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not quite. "Clone View" means that the projector will show what onscreen on your Mac exactly. However, you can set a separate resolution for the projector and your Mac's screen independently of mode.

If you don't know how it works, don't say anything. You are just gonna confuse and feed OP with fake info.

7. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Yes OP. You should be able to go ahead and clone the desktop, and then set the projector's resolution at the 1080p resolution that you want. The MacBook's built in screen will remain set at 1280x800.

8. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Sorry my bad, do understand just not thinking (probably cause I went to sleep at 2am last nigh, huh?). What jav said is correct, unless you extend your desktop onto the projector it is impossible for you to have a 1080p clone view on your MBP. My original suggestion which I was too tired to think through was actually a misconfigured train of thoughts mixing Mac and Windows, If you so wish you can under Windows (Don't know what your working in, Jav explained Mac quite well), display on only the projector which would allow you to have the projector on 1080p, however this is pointless as extending your desktop onto the external (Or Internal) displays would give your more screen space. Simply put you cant do it as a clone only as an extended view onto the either the internal or external display.

If my original post was misleading I apologise, Sometimes I wonder about myself.

As jav stated this is not possible, a clone is exactly the same so if the internal is 1280x800 then the other must be the same. You cannot have the external at "1080p" 1920x1080 without the internal being that too however the internal display has a maximum resolution of 1280x800 so it won't work.

9. MrKay thread starter macrumors newbie

Can some one please give me a step by step how to do a clone view and how to keep the projector to 1080p 60hz. because the problem am having is when i go to nvidia control panel and go to set up multiple display. I have to untick the apple color lcd then go to change resolution to get 1080p 60hz if i dont untick the apple color lcd then i cant tick the resolution for 1080p 60hz and can only chose 720p 60hz for the projector thanks