Macbook Pro bundle

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SPNarwhal, Nov 7, 2011.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

So, I'm pretty sure this is a good deal but might as well get some feedback before I pull this plug.

I'm looking at a Macbook Pro 13" (2010 model) Core2duo,
    the guy is offering it to me for 700, comes in original box and everything like that, but no warranty.

It has accessories though
    Which include

750 external harddrive
    Magic Mouse
    Apple USB Hub
    Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter
    and some kind of carry case. (Swiss Gear?)

Good deal or what?

I've been shopping around and someone else offered me the same laptop for 600, but I'm assuming the 100 is well worth the accessories.

I guess my only fear is that I will buy this and it will become even more outdated than it is, and the value will go down a significant amount. I might want to upgrade to the next processor upgrade in 2012, so I might end up selling this then.

Thoughts?

2. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

it depends on what you need the mbp from 2010 is almost 2 years old now, it also is very behind in processing power and graphics, intel integrated graphics in i7s r much faster then gma also what do you need your computer for? photoshop or just multimedia

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Photoshop is probably the most extensive thing i'd be doing on it.
    And that's what I was thinking, however it seems as though anyone selling an i5+ 13" Macbook Pro wants at least 900, and that's on the low end. The jump between 600 to 900 is +50%, wondering if that's even worth it. Someone here just sold a 2009 model for 850, so 600 for a 2010 seems decent to me.

From what I've seen, People sell the 2010 models for 800 still, sometimes. And the i5 people want over 1,000 for whatever reason, although that whole Microcenter deal was/is in existence.

I figured even if I bought this bundle and sold the Magic Mouse, Hard Drive, possibly the bag, the least I can make is 100 and I'd only be spending 600 on the Laptop, or less.

4. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

That model has the Nvidia graphics which is pretty close with the current models and much better than theolder intel gma series which haven't been used since sometime in 2008.

It will be plenty fast enough for most photoshop users ie those that don't need to spend $2000+ on a Mac pro or high end iMac.

I think for the bundle, it is a fair price. Can you still get AppleCare for it?