Macbook pro choices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigk, Dec 12, 2010.

1. bigk macrumors newbie

Im freshman in High school and want this computer to last me to college. i want the macbook pro because of the portability i just cant image being stuck to a desk to do my work. I want to do video editing, Adobe programs, and alot of multimedia, on top of my school work. The only drawback to the laptop is the screen size to me. So i would plan i buying an external display. That way i get the best of both. Right? So i was planning on getting the 15in MBP then all these rumors surfaced about the revison in april 2011. So i planned on waiting but the revision will make the price past the 2000 mark and i really dont want that. I was think of waiting and getting the new version except getting the one that will still have the drive. Dont i need the drive for video editing? Please Help Me!!! i think about this all Day and need someone elses help.

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Rumors are just that. Rumors. There is no guarantee when the refresh will be. It could happen anytime between this afternoon and the next decade. Also, historically Macbook Pro's have not changed in price with updates. As a rule, when the new models come out they take on the current price-point, and the now old models drop in price by 100 or 200.

I also read the rumor that the new models will be a minimum 2000 pricepoint save one model keeping the Superdrive, but it IS just a rumor, and probably one of the more unrealistic ones at that.

If you need one now, get one now, otherwise wait till the refresh and see what happens.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Welcome to MacRumors.
    First and formost, you should read the basic rules to this forum. You already created another thread with the same exact post.
    It is against the rules to create duplicate threads, even more if they are exactly the same.