macbook pro dead apple ceo please read me

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crazyglue1971, Sep 19, 2009.

1. crazyglue1971 macrumors newbie

I have a 2007 model macbook pro 2.4ghz which i purchased used in february of 2009 the seller advised me that there was still 6 months of warranty left on the notebook, when i called apple to transfer it into my name the rep confirmed that there was 6 months of warranty left.

Since i have owned it i have had the battery, keyboard and top case replaced.
    towards the end of august 2009 one morning i turned on the laptop only to be looking at a black screen, i could hear the chimes and stuff but no video. I called apple and they took me through a bunch of steps over the phone and finaly said "it looks like its a video card issue" They advised me to take it into an authorized apple repair facility to have it diagnosed and repaired. the rep started typing stuff on her computer then she comes online and says "omg your warranty just expired 10 days ago" then she says hold on let me see what we can do for you. she comes back on and tells me that apple will cover the cost of repair.

I took it in. without even looking at the computer the tech tells me its the nvidia problem and there will be no charge to repair it. He tells me it will take about a week 5 business days for a turnaround.

one week passes.. i get a call from the tech saying "we replaced your video card the video now works great BUT! your laptop is now NOT CHARGING. When i brought it in it was charging perfectly fine.
    then he says he has to replace the left board where the mag connector is and its going to be another week before i get it back. at this point what choice do i have... fix it.

another week passes by. I get a call from the tech saying we replaced the left board and your laptop is STILL NOT CHARGING. and now they have to order another part which will take another week to get.

I use my laptop for business.. no computer = no get paid = bills over due = contracts lost = NO MONEY.

another week pass by. tech calls me up and says "we just got a notification from apple saying that the part "main logig board" is backordered until Nov 2009. I would recomend you call apple and ask for a replacement computer"

called apple customer relations... rep was very rude.. advised him on the situation and he said well just suck it up and wait there is no way your getting a new laptop. we will do a global search for the part and it will take 10 days... pretty much a hahahaha sucks to be you.
    then he tells me that i'm over a year out of warranty. I was like ??????????? and again i was advised by 4 different apple reps that i had 6 months of warranty left when i purchased this computer used in feb 2009.

I stopped by and picked up my "still broken laptop" just to make sure i have a backup of all my important data. the tech told me it works great off the battery but once the juice is gone then your S.O.L

Brought the laptop home powered it up so that it would connect to my time machine and guess what... Now my airport card is 'not found' and my sound is 'not found'

I am a die hard apple fan, recently i have converted my dad (24" iMac) sister (15" MBP) and my office 4 (20" iMac's) and i'm on the virge of converting my neighbour to a macbook pro he's a diehard pc fan (blah!)

I feel like apple has done nothing to fix the delema i'm in. and after 4 weeks of service i'm still stuck with a furthermore broken laptop. and well, possible weeks or months of further wait time to get it fixed, that is if it even can be fixed.

if anyone has a better resolution to situation i'm in please let me know
    better yet forward this to Mr. Steve Jobs and maby just maby he can put in a training request to the customer relations personell to "think outside the cubicle they are sitting in."

Apple you really dissapointed me :(

crazyglue71@gmail.com

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Thats some real bad luck bra. I've got the EXCACT SAME PROBLEM as you. Computer turns on - no video. I do get audio though. Possible Problems:
    - Failed Logic Board
    - NVIDIA Graphics Card Failure (which is extremely common in MBP models)

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Good luck forwarding that to anyone at Apple Corporate. It's borderline unreadable.

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I am the Apple CEOs son. I will pass it on.

all jokes aside, you think he will read this? Written that way and posted this way?

-Omi

5. crazyglue1971 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm not out to write a book about my problem with apple, just explaining my situation, and about the lack of customer support on apples part.

What way do you want me to write it and which way should i post it? hmmm should i attach big neon lights to it?

6. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

In my opinion you are getting much more than you have to. You are out of warranty by 2 weeks. :apple: doesn't have to do a thing and they are trying their best considering they don't have to do a thing...

7. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I agree.

8. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

"I use my laptop for business.. no computer = no get paid = bills over due = contracts lost = NO MONEY."

I'm confused, you have all these apple computers "my office 4 (20" iMac's)" Why can't you use one of them until the situation works itself out and if you are relying on this computer to make money and keep important contracts why buy used ??? Not trying to start trouble, you put it out there and I'm just curious!!!! Good Luck

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you rely on your computer for business, WTF are you doing by a 2 and a half year old used laptop? If it's so important, buy a brand new one with AppleCare and get a full 3 year warranty.

10. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

Post it in proper sentence structure form and use the appropriate punctuality when needed. I would hope people who aren't authors can do something this simple. :rolleyes:

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Holy sh*t that's messed up. I would personally call Apple again and tell the next Apple Rep exactly what has happened. Tell them your laptop is your funding source. Make them understand your situation.

I'm sure you just got unluckily with the douche who basically implied "Suck it up".

Now if you really want to have the CEO read it, shoot up an email to:

sjobs@apple.com

It has worked in the past for some, might be worth trying for you. Be sure to have a well versed story, otherwise a wall of text isn't going to cut it.

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

How old are you?

Anyone who include email address in an internet posting probably isn't the brightest light bulb.

You have a one computer "business"? I doubt it.

13. crazyglue1971 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i do! how many computers would a 1 man operation (freelance webdesigner need?) and as for my office it has nothing to do with my busines.

14. crazyglue1971 thread starter macrumors newbie

My office has nothing to do with my personal business.
    I do web design (freelance) and I couldnt afford to buy a brand new macbook at that time. Even though the laptop was purchased used for $1700.00 with 6 months warranty left, thats still $1700.00 and it crapped out 10 days after the warranty expired. I'm thinking apple should do something.

15. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

First :apple: did their end of the bargain. They held the warranty until it expired. They even went further, they offered you even more than that. Just because you bought a used computer with 6 months warranty left, it's not :apple: fault that you wanted more. If you wanted more like you are saying you should of bought new with 3 years of warranty but than again it seems that you are the type to say a few months after your 3 years run out that :apple: should give you more for free...

16. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I feel your pain man, good luck with sorting this out. I agree with jav6454 recommendation.

And oh yeah, Ignore some of the typical MacRumours member unhelpful responses!

17. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

2. One for use and one hot-spare backup for when that one breaks/you spill coffee on it/whatever. Your lack of business continuity planning is not Apple's fault. It's yours. You are paying the price for your poor planning.

18. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

how did you spend 1700 dollars on a used macbook and not have enough for a new one? sounds like yougot ripped off or there was atypo because a new macbook costs only $1000. you can even get a certified refurb for around 799.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OP: You sound like a child. I am guessing that is because you are. If you had any sense you would know that Apple did not disappoint you because you bought a computer with 6 months left on the original warranty and failed to buy an extended warranty.

As a "businessman" you failed to create redundancy in your office. I find your statement, "My office has nothing to do with my personal business" to be rather odd. How does your office not have something to do with your business?

Here's the reality. You can try to re-write your long-winded and rather confusing e-mail that would have read better in text speak, or you can sit on your broken computer and hope to buy another soon. I'm sure iWeb will come on the next machine as well.

If it were me I would be on the phone with Apple starting my case there instead of posting to a web forum that will not get you noticed by the people you need to notice you.

I do feel as though it is tough luck but you're going about it all wrong.