Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TresMusical1020

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2013
apple can help

I have now had my MacBook Pro 2.16 for 5 days and was wondering if people are having problems with their computer freezing. Mine has frozen up 6 TIMES! Three while I was using iPhoto! I can't force quit, in fact I can't get the computer to reboot. The light for sleep mode just flashes repeatedly. I ran the system disk one time and that allowed me to reboot. I used iPhoto for another 30 minutes then it froze again! Now it won't do anything! This is my 6th Mac, my 4th "Power" Book. So far the Intel Mac doesn't look good. Reminds me of a Compaq i mistakenly purchased in 1998!

This may sound weird to everyone, but you are lucky.
Many people have had their lap top do that way more times than yours has. Including me. But I can give you a solution for if that keeps happening for a while. Call Apple and ask them why it's doing that, and how to stop it from ever doing it again. :apple::cool:

WacMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2008
Central Oregon
I have now had my MacBook Pro 2.16 for 5 days and was wondering if people are having problems with their computer freezing. Mine has frozen up 6 TIMES! Three while I was using iPhoto! I can't force quit, in fact I can't get the computer to reboot. The light for sleep mode just flashes repeatedly. I ran the system disk one time and that allowed me to reboot. I used iPhoto for another 30 minutes then it froze again! Now it won't do anything! This is my 6th Mac, my 4th "Power" Book. So far the Intel Mac doesn't look good. Reminds me of a Compaq i mistakenly purchased in 1998!

I also was having random total freezes of my new MacBook Pro. I took it to an Apple Genius at the Apple store. The Genius new right away it was either bad ram or poorly seated ram. He reseated the ram, PROBLEM SOLVED! Mac should only be used with Apple ram as other brands have also been know to cause this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.