Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrick1234

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Hello, ask for an advice, please.

i have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2014) with dual Graphikcards,
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
and the less power one:
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

i hae read:
macOS Mojave requires a graphics card that supports Apple's graphics framework Metal, but until updated web drivers are released, many Nvidia graphics cards are incompatible with the operating system. In the meantime, some users have downgraded back to macOS High Sierra. Until now is no driver for 10.4.

Is it right or?
is it better when I like use the Nvidia to downgrade to 10.3?

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
I can't speak for performance, but the 650 and 750 are supported on mojave, it's the older nvidia's that aren't.

MACFAN1700

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
Hello, ask for an advice, please.

i have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2014) with dual Graphikcards,
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
and the less power one:
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

i hae read:
macOS Mojave requires a graphics card that supports Apple's graphics framework Metal, but until updated web drivers are released, many Nvidia graphics cards are incompatible with the operating system. In the meantime, some users have downgraded back to macOS High Sierra. Until now is no driver for 10.4.

Is it right or?
is it better when I like use the Nvidia to downgrade to 10.3?
[doublepost=1558241338][/doublepost]Synthetic benchmarks will put Metal on par with Open CL in Mojave, but render times are about 30 percent faster on the previous OSX that supported NVIDIA CUDA. Don’t upgrade and lose CUDA unless you have to for some other reason.

patrick1234

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
thank you,
for me, the only important thing to know is which version is more "smoother" with surfing on safari?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.