MacBook Pro long delivery time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apple-Stitch, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Apple-Stitch macrumors newbie

Hi i purchased a
    64gb wifi and 3g ipad
    MacBook Pro 2.66ghz laptop upgraded to 7200rpm instead of 5400rpm
    An O2 UK Ipad sim card
    and a moshi clearguard keyboard protector

i purchased these items on apple online on october 23rd and it says the delivery time will be the 10th of November. This doesn't seem right as i was told apple deliver within 5 days and i wrong? and when should i expect my items to be delivered

thanks Apple-Stitch

2. scrace89 macrumors member

your mac is not built yet, they need to "build it" then they ship it to you because it was customized, if you bought the completely stock MBP it would go out in 24 hours like the rest of your products will.

3. Apple-Stitch thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you very much i was also wondering how over-estimated apples delivery times are? thanks apple-stitch

4. Ksb-online macrumors regular

Tell me about it, I ordered mine last week Thursday and it was put as "shipped" this morning, the estimated date is 5th nov :( I did order a custom 17" though but was hoping they would be quicker :) .. Really can't wait any longer :(

5. Apple-Stitch thread starter macrumors newbie

i've spent £2,560.94... i was hoping it would be here a little quicker

6. Ksb-online macrumors regular

Same here, mines a 17" 2.88 Ghz i7 .. with a 7200 500GB HDD .. Ordered a Seagate Momentus 500GB drive for the main drive and a external USB CD Drive enclosure, USB Powered .. Got a ColcaSac Case in the post too ..

7. bpc101 macrumors newbie

Another Newbie... Ordered mine on Saturday with a 3 day dispatch time and a delivery date of the 9/10th November...

ksb-online let us know when yours arrives as it was "shipped" yesterday... I don't like waiting 2 weeks for a delivery!

8. Prhymeate macrumors member

I was hoping delivery would be a little quicker too when I ordered mine. Also the tracking didn't work at all, for the price of the machine I didn't feel it was a great start to my first apple experience but what can you do... patience is a virtue? lol.

9. Ksb-online macrumors regular

lol .. I find the tracking pretty useless .. Would like to see "where" it is in a way ,., who do they use as a courier?

10. bigjobby macrumors 65816

I assume its going to be UPS just like mine when I got my MBP.

11. Ksb-online macrumors regular

Excellent, UPS is round the corner from me :D .. got the bill through quicker than the laptop :p

12. bpc101 macrumors newbie

Hope your MBP arrives soon then!

13. Ksb-online macrumors regular

Got an email today stating that its in transit, and the 2 parts of my order (apple care and the MBP ) will be "merged" then delivered. Is that there way of saying the MBP is coming from another country and the apple care will be selo-taped to the outside in the back of a van lol ..

Nearly there I guess .. Can not wait any longer, especially after my manager just went to the local PCWorld and bought a bottom line 15" MBP ... Mine will be crazily more powerfull, but I don't physically have it ... yet ...

Got my 500GB Seagate M XT hard drive waiting for me at the post office for morning collection though :D

14. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago on a Thursday night with a delivery date of the following Thursday, but I received it one day earlier on Wednesday. It was a CTO but in reality there was nothing to "build", the only option I did was the hi-res screen. It shipped out of China the next day, Friday. I did my own HD install, 5min after I got the MBP.

There's a good chance you'll get yours before the estimated delivery date.

15. Ksb-online macrumors regular

Did you find the HD install easy? I want to replace the main HD with the new one in the post and then move the current one to the optibay .. you think there will be an issue with anything software side? like installing iLife11? I'll be putting the CD drive in to a USB external caddy that's BUS powered .. should be ok right?

16. bpc101 macrumors newbie

Mine has moved to "Shipped" now...

ksb-online, any signs of yours yet? I had asked for mine to be shipped to my workplace but somehow it has my home address on it instead so need to make sure someone is there!

17. Ksb-online macrumors regular

Nothing so far :( got the hard drive this morning,, I'm assuming it won't appear till next week, I'll be really surprised
    if I get it this week :(

18. bpc101 macrumors newbie

That's a shame, I was really hoping that the delivery time was greatly exaggerated and it would arrive a couple of days after dispatch. :(

19. Ksb-online macrumors regular

This is annoying, got my hard drive and Colcasac sleeve in the post ( the sleeve is amazing, the quality is another level and the packaging is pretty cool, they were formally known as applesac I think )

This time next week I hope to have recieved my laptop AND my optidrive mod kit from Maxupgrades, their Superdrive external enclosure is the best one I've seen so far :)

www.colcasac.com/
    www.maxupgrades.com
    Seagate Momentus XT

20. Ksb-online macrumors regular

been trying so hard not to look at the order status all week but found this just now -

"Current Delivery Status - Preparing handover to final carrier - 28 Oct 2010 "

Looks like it's nearly here :)

I think once it gets to the final carrier I get my tracking number and can see when UPS will be attempting to deliver it ..

21. bpc101 macrumors newbie

So it looks like it took 4 days from "shipped" to "final carrier", thats promissing... hope it gets to you either today or Monday then!

There is hope for me next week then!

22. bigjobby macrumors 65816

don't build your hopes up too quickly guys.

When my MBP landed in Heathrow (10 miles from where I live), I was able to track the item which then did a 36 hour, 200-250 mile circuit around the country before reaching me. It was torturous following the item, yet weirdly amusing.

Hope you guys get your beauts in one peice... you'd soon forget about the wait when it all finally lands in your hands.

All the best.

23. Ksb-online macrumors regular

I so hope that doesn't happen to me !! It's crazy they did that , how can they do that?!! it's still being "handed over" at the moment, I guess it won't really update till monday/tuesday, and then it will probally tour the UK and get to me :(

24. bpc101 macrumors newbie

Starting to wish I had tracked down one in a store and put up with the 5400 rpm hard drive. I am not very good at waiting for things to be delivered and as I am used to Dells build and delivery times this is quite paintful!

Still I am sure it will all be worth it!

25. frosse macrumors 6502a

I ordered a standard 13" MBP the 21st but added a remote and an extra battery to my old white MB. Since theyre not shipped from the same location they need to be merged and that takes forever apparently. It's set for delivery the 5th. Thats more than two weeks! :mad::(:confused::eek::p:rolleyes::)