Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dustfromdust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Hey, i like to say first my macbook pro (SR 2.2, glossy, 2 GB) is my first ever apple product, i decided to by it last summer based off reading the forum on this site thoughly, and overall i am very happy with it, i have many quibbles, but i do like it.

no to my problem, ever since i intalled leopard ive been having some trouble with the keyboard and the mouse, i assumed they were related but the keyboard not working was fixed by 10.5.1, but i am still constantly annoyed but seemingly random mouse issues. sometimes when i pop open the lid of my computer my mouse, bluetooth or trackpad, does not work right. its is either really jittery (just doesnt move quite where you think it should, makes it really hard to click on any links) or it simply doesnt really work at all, it will refuse to move at all and then all of a sudden it will zoom all around the screen activating my hot corners and causing all sorts of havoc. but my keyboard and all programs work fine, my processor usage (thanks to menu meters) looks normal and everything. there seems to be very little correlation as to what programs were up when i put it to sleep that could be causing this issue. the only thing i have noticed is that it seems to happen more often when i have the airport on and im say on my colleges wifi, then put it to sleep and take it home or to a different area with a different wifi access point and wake it up. my install was done clean mid november so there should be no problem with it, but frankly im fed up with it, the only solution to this problem is to restart, so i reboot my mac 5 or 6 times more then i ever have to reboot my pc, so much for it just works. has anyone else experinced similar trouble? does anyone have any idea on why this may be happening?

thank you for any sort of help

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Hey, i like to say first my macbook pro (SR 2.2, glossy, 2 GB) is my first ever apple product, i decided to by it last summer based off reading the forum on this site thoughly, and overall i am very happy with it, i have many quibbles, but i do like it.

no to my problem, ever since i intalled leopard ive been having some trouble with the keyboard and the mouse, i assumed they were related but the keyboard not working was fixed by 10.5.1, but i am still constantly annoyed but seemingly random mouse issues. sometimes when i pop open the lid of my computer my mouse, bluetooth or trackpad, does not work right. its is either really jittery (just doesnt move quite where you think it should, makes it really hard to click on any links) or it simply doesnt really work at all, it will refuse to move at all and then all of a sudden it will zoom all around the screen activating my hot corners and causing all sorts of havoc. but my keyboard and all programs work fine, my processor usage (thanks to menu meters) looks normal and everything. there seems to be very little correlation as to what programs were up when i put it to sleep that could be causing this issue. the only thing i have noticed is that it seems to happen more often when i have the airport on and im say on my colleges wifi, then put it to sleep and take it home or to a different area with a different wifi access point and wake it up. my install was done clean mid november so there should be no problem with it, but frankly im fed up with it, the only solution to this problem is to restart, so i reboot my mac 5 or 6 times more then i ever have to reboot my pc, so much for it just works. has anyone else experinced similar trouble? does anyone have any idea on why this may be happening?

thank you for any sort of help

This is a problem with most MB/MBPs. Have you done software update? Use the Search Button, there is a huge thread on this. It should be fixed with the 10.5.2 update.

dustfromdust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
i checked for a thread on this problem, i have done all the updates, could you put up a link to it?

Fat Nips

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2008
I have the same problem. After reading pg. 2 on the other thread linked (thanks noodle!) I understand that the problem is or might be the iStat widget. Unfortunately I guess I'm going to have to uninstall it and see if that fixes my problems... I love that little widget too. :(

xeux

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Don't Use iStat, Use Only Pieces You Need

I have the same problem. After reading pg. 2 on the other thread linked (thanks noodle!) I understand that the problem is or might be the iStat widget. Unfortunately I guess I'm going to have to uninstall it and see if that fixes my problems... I love that little widget too. :(

It is definitely iStat that is causing your problem. Guarenteed....

and if you are like me and didn't wanna part with it.

Just install the individual pieces that you are fond of.

avoid the network widget, it is the conflict.

http://islayer.com/index.php?op=software

See how you can get individual pieces like cpu, ram , etc?

bov

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
San Francisco
i have the same problem.. its just started though even though i've had iStat pro for a long time.. but im going to try removing it and see if it still happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.