Macbook Pro ordered Oct. 17

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WWJD?, Oct 19, 2008.

1. WWJD? macrumors member

I ordered mine (custom configured) Oct 17, but am still in "Not yet shipped"... am starting to worry, any one who ordered the 17 is still in this status?

How much time it takes to move from there!? Can I expect a movement today even though its Sunday? ( I really want know, this way I can stop seeing apple store!)

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Don't fret. The BTOs always take a bit longer. Also it'll go from "Not yet shipped" to "on truck for delivery" very suddenly. ;)

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Regardless of the order status at any given time, it should be delivered within 3-5 days. I know it's hard to wait, but there's no point in agonizing over every step of the trip.

4. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

Don't worry it will come, once it will come you'll be the happiest person on earth.

5. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

I ordered my MBP BTO on 10/16 and it was shipped on 10/18. Hope that helps. :D

6. icepick1985 macrumors member

i live in germany, ordered straight after the keynote. Shipping date: 4-6 November. So no complaints please ;D

7. GCY macrumors regular

well, you did ordered yours on friday. They may or maynot work on weekends so your order should ship out monday.

8. WWJD? thread starter macrumors member

But right now they are working in China right?

any one who ordered on the 17 are still on "Not yet shipped"?

Whats next of the "Not yet shipped" stage? and whats the average time for it to be shipped in a customized mac?

9. StatiK76 macrumors member

StatiK76

you ordered on the 17th? you have nothing to worry about ... it'll be here by christmas for sure ...

StatiK76

10. GodOfLove macrumors newbie

i ordered on 15th Oct 11am PDT and is not even near shipping out....

Just be patience and wait man...

11. Nate025 macrumors regular

Same here. I ordered on the 14th and am still in 'Prepared to ship' status. It'll come, it doesn't look like the order service gets updated automatically. Just go by your delivery date.

12. Jatku macrumors member

Jeeze, you need to have a little bit of patience. I admit, I check the status every couple hours too, but I know not to expect anything before Tuesday (got my order number on Wed night). It's 3-5 business days, so that means they count Mon-Fri, and it could be 5-7 days before shipping when you include weekends.

I believe the next step is "preparing to ship" or something similar to that, and then "shipped."

13. PAUL BRIAN macrumors member

i just canceled my order I couldnt wait any longer, heading to apple store after work lol

14. eddy64 macrumors regular

I was about to do the same today but the lady on the phone knocked off $150 if I kept the mbp I ordered. Too sweet of a deal to pass up! :)

15. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

i ordered my 17 BTO on 15th Oct.. and it wont be delivered till 12th Nov.. ridiculous :mad:

16. hello3 macrumors newbie

i live in canada and i ordered mine on the 17th, its already heading to toronto from memphis (FedEx) and hopefully will be arriving soon.

17. StatiK76 macrumors member

StatiK76

what lady? on what phone?

18. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

seems like the MB and MBP 15's are shipping faster. Guess they have to find the old 17's at the back of the factory and dust them off first before they can get the can opener to them to rip-out the HD's etc to custom configure them before they put them in the shiney smaller packaging to ship 'em.. Nice :D

19. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::)

20. redmeister macrumors 6502

21. dambro1978 macrumors regular

Ordered the 16th (Apple Store Italy), not yet shipped.
    Expected Delivery date around 4th of November.

Last week I ordered at noon a purple 8Gb iPod nano, engraved and it arrived the day after at lunchtime, amazing.

Hope it's sooner than early November.

22. supermax217 macrumors newbie

I ordered my MBP (previous Gen) on Oct 17 at 11:30AM ET and recived next day on Oct 18 at 10:00 Am.

Nothing extra was added and free shipping.

23. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

I ordered mine on Oct 16: MBP BTO and I missed the FedEx delivery cuz I was taking a shower!:mad::mad::mad:

Now gotta wait until after 4pm today to pick it up.

Cant wait:D:D

24. stanleyBE macrumors member

You shouldn't complain.
    Ordered mine the 16th. Due delivery: Nov, 7-10.

25. bolen macrumors 6502

bolen

Ordered mine one hour after release and I've got estimated shipment 23 Oct and ETA 31Oct.

So.. think you'll just have to wait - there's probably lots of people before you in the queue. You did get an ETA didn't you?