Macbook pro redesign?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badfish123, Feb 19, 2011.

1. badfish123, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

badfish123 macrumors newbie

As you all are probably aware, the Macbook pros are likely to be refreshed with Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors soon, possibly February 24th.

Out of curiosity, how many of you also suspect possible design changes rather than a simple spec bump, and why or why not? Is it at all possible for apple to release a redesigned product without an event to show it off?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Another thread? What # are we up to today? 25ish?

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

<gasp!>

I suspect some slight design changes are possible. Why? Beats me... probably because it's more fun to think that way.

Of course it is possible.

4. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Yep, just throw it on the pile :D

5. kamil.amersi macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm not sure, alot of guys are saying spec bump but that would be two in a row - October and now. I think that would turn it into a pretty boring product relative to all the other apple products. My view is that if there is no design change, or even atleast a slight attempt at one, it would signal that apple has other priorities. Possibly a 15 inch MBA. The 17 inch Mbp hasn't been the best seller overall so it's possible apple would widen it's most successful notebook. Apple did mention that sales of MBA beat everyones expectations and consumers have been loving the instant on. So essentially there has been alot of canabilism between 13 inch MBA and 13 inch mbp. So I wouldn't be surprised if apple ditched the 13 inch Mbp and came out with a couple of 15 inch MBA's

6. KGWVU, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011

KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

First I've heard of that. Source?

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Design change for what? MBP design is fine as it is. What the heck does it need design change for?

Event? What event? It ain't happening.

Apple doesn't hold event at all unless it has something significant to announce.

I don't see this MBP as a huge update unless it gets SSD as standard and light peak.

Not happening with this update. Not happening.