MacBook Pro Refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by paulobechara, Jan 3, 2010.

1. paulobechara macrumors newbie

hi, im really interested in buying a macbook pro. But i hear there is a refresh coming.. is it worth it to wait? sorry if this is old news.. what are the rumors of new specs and prices? which model do you guys recomend? thank you in advance

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The long awaited 12" G5 quad would be recommendable, but maybe we only get x86 CPU updates.
    Hmm.

Oh, there is an Arrandale thread in the MBP sub forum and several others discussing the coming update of which we don't know anything about.

EDIT: And there they are. The usual answerers gave you the same response as to all the others who came before you. It happened before and it will happen again.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You're just as much a part of the club, you and flopticalcube

5. Spyharpy macrumors member

Spyharpy

Look at the Buyer's Guide tab at the top of the web page. In the notebook section, you'll see the laptops are generally updated every eight months and you can see that it's been quite consistent for years. Based on this, a refresh should be around February. I myself want a MacBook Pro and if a refresh is just around the corner, not worth buying the current model unless you really need a laptop now.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Just beware: it's no secret that the Buyer's Guide is nothing more then math. So searching is often the best option. The iPhone isn't getting updated until June/July; Apple and the Cinema Display are well... "special." Just a couple of instances when the Buyer's Guide simple Buy Meter isn't great.