Macbook Pro release Sept. 10 with iPhone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phillyfan9090, Aug 11, 2013.

1. phillyfan9090 macrumors member

I read an article on USATodays app saying that the new iPhone will be released September 10. Do you think theres a chance that the MBP could be released then too? The special Back to school promotion would end by then.. i hope they do it then

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I'm hearing supply channels for the display are strained. Go figure.

Perhaps mid-October? At the very least I wouldn't put my expectations for any sooner than that. If it does, so be it.

3. Ifti macrumors 68000

I bloody well hope it does - been waiting as patiently as I can for ages now!

4. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

I highly doubt that Apple would announce them along side the iPhone. With all intentions I would assume Apple would want all the news/media to be focused on the iPhone.

Then again you never know.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Well Kuo was predicting a mid-September release. I surely hope so.

6. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Yeah I'd give it about a 20% chance that Apple unveils new Retinas and new iPhones in the same day...as someone above said Apple always wants to maximize their individual media events, and in years past iPhone has been the exclusive topic covered the majority of the time.

Mid-October seems most likely, as it would be an ideal release right before the holidays.

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Agreed, though I'd go less than 20% for all the reasons you mentioned.

8. Miller93 macrumors newbie

Lol Ming-Chi Kuo also predicted a retina macbook air at WWDC

----------

ipad 5's and ipad mini 2 is what Apple marketing towards holiday shoppers.

9. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

Why? Rhetorically speaking, if Apple's not making any changes other than Haswell... perhaps Apple is redesigning the thing or including IGZO displays in the next round.

10. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Because they need more displays to meet anticipated increased demand.

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If history serves right, this should be like 2008 when iPods came in September and the MacBook event in October.

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

13. Stetrain macrumors 68040

He did? Have a link for that?

From what I've seen he has fairly constantly predicted that the new MBPs would be sometime in Q3 near the iPhone launch. This is his roadmap from back in January:

[​IMG]

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/16...nes-retina-ipad-mini-all-retina-macbook-pros/

14. Miller93 macrumors newbie

Perhaps I was wrong about what Ming-Chi Kuo predicted at WWDC. However I still dont believe September is accurate for the rMBP refresh. Websites have been blowing up over the September 10 iPhone 5S and 5C media event from apple. With that in mind I dont believe Apple wants the iPhone to compete with a refreshed rMBP for attention next month. I would love a new rMBP refresh the same day of Apples media event, but I dont think it will happen.

15. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I agree that it's unlikely to happen on the same day but it's not out of the question. They let new MBPs, Mac Minis, and iMacs 'compete' with the iPad Mini at the same event last year, and that was a completely new product, not just an update.

16. iWaldo macrumors member

Just ordered a new rMBP, so they'll almost certainly announce a new one within a month... :eek:

17. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

iPhone releases are generally the biggest thing for Apple. They will probably release the new MBP soon after, but not with it.

18. Miller93 macrumors newbie

Lets hope. Im not sure if Apple announced the Haswell MBA prior to WWDC, so it is possible for Apple to surprise us with unexpected release.

19. IndoX macrumors 6502

The new Mac lineup will not be updated with the iPhone media event. Remember according to previous news Tim Cook wants Apple to focus more on iPhones. With their focus shifting heavily on their flagship product I doubt they'll want anything to take away that spotlight.

I expect either to happen: a silent refresh or the October media event.