Macbook Pro taking hours to load (still not loaded)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gabbybpm, Mar 18, 2013.

1. gabbybpm macrumors newbie

Mar 18, 2013
    I bought my macbook pro in 2010. Ran great for the first year year and gradually started to slow down in the second year. I try to delete unnecessary files and keep as few running applications as possible, but those helped minimally at best.

(Don't know if this is related but: Recently, chrome started to quit randomly. If I reopened chrome, all my tabs would be there, as if I just quit it myself and started it again. This would happen every 15-30 minutes or so, and it consistently quit for about a week. Then chrome started to run normally again after a week.)

Then yesterday, my mac froze. I force shut it down, and attempted to reboot it. This took 20 minutes, which I thought was surprising. This has never happened before. I decided to let my computer rest for the night, about 10 hours. I tried to reboot it this morning and it still took forever. I went to class and came back 4 hours later to a still-loading screen.

I'm taking my laptop in to the Genius Bar tomorrow, but for now, can anyone offer any feedback/possible problems/possible solutions just for peace of mind?
  2. jav6454 macrumors P6

Nov 14, 2007
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Any other description? At this point, I'd say, wait for Apple's diagnosis. There is little we can do here when the hardware goes kaput.
  3. emptysoul macrumors regular

May 26, 2009
    I'd completely reinstall OSX as a first option.