MacBook Pro Unibody Click Lost Sensitivity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EnigMoiD, Dec 30, 2010.

1. EnigMoiD macrumors member

My MacBook (13" Unibody mid 2009) recently fell a couple of feet, while closed, and I just noticed that the trackpad click is now unpredictable. There's no problem with momentary clicking-clicking's fine. The problem is holding down a click. Before, as long as the trackpad didn't "unclick," I could hold and drag just fine. Now, however, sometimes I need to hold the trackpad down significantly harder to keep the click from "letting up" when I'm trying to drag something or hold down a click.

Oddly it just started happening less often (and I think it might just be certain parts of the trackpad), but if it gets worse, what should I do? Could I open the computer up and tighten a screw somewhere, or is the local genius bar my best bet, even though I might be out of warranty? Has anyone else experienced a problem like this after a medium fall?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Take it to Apple, its your best bet. not much you can do otherwise

check warranty status : https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

3. articcine macrumors regular

I won't recommend you to mess with it yourself, get it to your nearest Apple store.

4. Noeld macrumors member

I had this issue. It ended up being the battery, which had started to swell and was pushing up on the trackpad from beneath. Try taking the battery out and using the laptop with just the power cord plugged in. If that fixes the issue, you know where the culprit lies.