Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 123macman, Jan 5, 2010.
Name the date when you think the MacBook Pros will update and lets see who is right when the update.
I thought about doing this as a poll to get some sort of concensus, but couldn't face the abuse In my expert opinion, based on extensive experience in the fields of fortune telling and tea leaf reading, I'd say the 12th of January, or the 2nd of February. I'd love it to be the 12th, but I think probably the 2nd.
Apple has decided that because they've made so much money that Steve Jobs is using it to heat his house, there will be no more updates. If that rumor is wrong, then I pick Jan 22.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be real soon as Amazon no longer lists the higher end MBP 13 as in stock and sold by amazon...
what? yes I've been stalking the 2.53 GHz MBP 13... It's my first mac purchase
Interestingly enough, a few other models are now not in stock from Amazon itself.
Best Buy still has them.
I noticed that too, but then again I've found Amazon's stock status to be much more reliable than BestBuy's What is the typical lag time between stores running out and a refresh hitting?
I'm starting to get impatient waiting to make my first Mac purchase heh.
Base 15" is now back in stock
I would have to say the 26th... going off rumors of the Apple event scheduled then. But at the same time waiting for my first MBP purchase, I hope its sooner and that these out of stock stores aren't a coincidence.
I'm in the exact same boat.
I'm also waiting for my first Mac purchase, and I may just have to buy the current model now. It's so hard to wait. :X
I'm hoping they will be out by the 12th of Jan, but I have a feeling it will be late February.
Knowing my luck it'll be the 12th since I just bought one. Either way I'll be happy with my 13" Pro.
I'm anxiously awaiting my 3rd mac purchase... I'm currently using a 15" 2.4 SR MBP, but find myself wanting a second laptop to work from all the time... Going to add whatever the latest and greatest is for the 17" model as soon as the next update hits...
Anyone have a specific guess as to what will change in the 17" model for the next update?
BTW- To all those who are waiting for their first mac purchase... DO NOT BUY UNTIL THERE IS AN UPDATE!!! There's nothing more terrible than shelling out thousands of dollars and then a few weeks later, you could have had a better machine for the same price. Of course there will ALWAYS be something better coming, but buying right at a new update gives you the most "latest and greatest" time that you can possibly achieve and it's worth waiting for. Remember... a few more weeks when you're waiting to buy seems like a long time... a few more weeks when you just bought feel like you're going to be outdated tomorrow.
Yeah the fact that they are just about to upgrade from the years old core 2 duo makes this next update one worth waiting for.
hey, ya same here waiting for my first mac purchase..!! can't wait anymore...!! :S i hate windows....!! hope the next update will be faster, stronger, and maybe more hard disk space... and be refreshed this month... plus hope apple release the new ilife and iwork... i'll be needing both of them and i have a feeling ilife will have a major release like more advanced applications ! btw isnt it goin' to be called ilifeX ?? like it's much cooler then ilife 2010 or smth...
Ok, here's my date that we'll see a new MBP, I may be off a day or two, so keep that in mind
Its going to happen in 2010
don't they usually announce it at their conferences, as it releases?
like, oh. here's the new macbook pro lineup, now being sold at all apple retail stores.
or "now being shipped" or whatever?
fuel to the fire for a 1/26/2010 release for refreshed MBP's
Refresh Days between
So a January 26th refresh does fall nicely in the pattern from the last 3 1/2 years or so.
I assume you mean 27th... why would apple release the Macbook Pros one day before their "mobility" conference.
No he means the 26th as its a Tuesday (in line with the usual release etc) - the original intended date for the Mobility Conference. But Apple changed the date in decemeber to the Wednesday the 27th.
Not going to happen. They have the special event for the much rumored islate tablet. They do not want that to share the spotlight with a MBP update.
They may quietly update it before the event or a after but I highly doubt that they'll do it then. That is if they do in fact plan to unveil the tablet computer as people have speculated.
ehhhh, i just bought a 15" 2.8 yesterday oh well. while there the girl did tell me that i bought the last 15" 2.8 and they have been waiting 2 weeks for more to come in but nothing. they also had only 2 17" 2.8s in stock but the girl said they are the slowest sellers and again they were expecting more to come in but nothing yet. I did learn that the MBP 2.26 is the fastest seller and they get those in still when needed. The white 2.26 also is a fast seller and they get those in all the time.
Well you have 14 days to take it back if the new ones come out before then. So hope for sooner rather than later.
I had to buy one yesterday too, but mine is being shipped, so its 14 days from when it gets here, which will be no sooner than Wed, which will cover me past the 27th.
I agree with a lot of people on here, the 26th. Even though it's a major release, they may quietly update it - same thing happened not too long ago with the iMac. Which got the ever-so-important quad core processor.
Unless steve wants to bring back his "one more thing" because the MBP does fall into the mobility category, does it not? I think he would do it in this order: MBP, some things they've been working on with the iPhone 4.0 software update, then the "one more thing" being the tablet - sounds good to me!
I looked into that too, the problem is you"ll will more than likely have to pay the re-stocking fee in order to get the updated version or atleast thats the situation where I live.