MacBook Pro Various Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rockies Photo, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Rockies Photo macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I have been having some LCD issues with my 15" Penryn 2.4 MBP for some time.
    • Occasionally, the LCD Bulbs will only light up at every other bulb, kinda like a theater effect. Has only happened a couple of times.
    • Also, sometimes, when I unplug my power adapter the LCD goes dark, but the text is still there, and if I strain hard enough to see, I can still move the mouse around. Has anyone had this happen? Each time this happens, my only option is to restart the Book, as, when I try plugging the adapter back in, nothing happens, to bring the backlights back on.
    • Also, is it common, for the Battery Indicator, to not go back to 100% charge, although it has been plugged in for a day or two at a time, after pretty much being drained?
    • Lastly, sometimes, after I wake up my MBP, the touch pad, is not fully operational. I can click on pages, but I can not do anything using right touch, to click back or anything of such nature.

I do have Apple Care. And I contacted Apple Care about the LCD issues, Late Last Summer. The issues have been documented in a file.

Thanks for any and all Input.

James

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Since you mention these issues were taken in notice by Apple, I suggest you contact Apple, they will surely help considering you still have Apple Care.

edited....

3. Rockies Photo thread starter macrumors newbie

What repairs? I have not had my MBP worked on? Where did you see that I've had my MBP repaired? All I said, was I contacted Apple.... Hmm...

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I meant that then, I'll edit my post:p.

I mean, you already called Apple. So, its best for them to handle things now.

5. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Have you done the SMC reset? All of those issues appear to be related to the power management in some way and it would be interesting to see if resetting it helps. If not it's probably in need of a MB replacement and/or display, AppleCare will direct you to the needed services.