Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zachw15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
My macbook pro recently started having problems including rebooting itself often and sometimes getting stuck in reboot loops for a long period of time. Now suddenly the laptop wont even turn on. The battery indicator works and indicates a full charge. When I press the power button the fan kind of twitches quickly and then stops but nothing else happens. Ive tried an smc reset and also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery connector for the "non removeable battery." Nothing has shown any signs of working. Anyone know what may be wrong with it and have any potential ways of fixing it? Thanks

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
What model MacBook Pro (year, screen size, OS)? Do you have a bootable backup (time machine backup after OS 10.7.2 or a clone)?

Zachw15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
What model MacBook Pro (year, screen size, OS)? Do you have a bootable backup (time machine backup after OS 10.7.2 or a clone)?

Im pretty sure its a 2012 model and its 13 inches running yosemite. I dont believe I have a backup and even if I did Im not sure it would be accesable because the computer seems completely dead.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
It's completely dead and the symptoms sounds like a hardware problem. You will need to make a diagnose appointment with a Apple store or an Apple authorized repair shop, then decide if you want to spend the money to get it repaired. It is hard to test a completely dead MBP remotely via the internet. It will take someone that has the resources and knowledge to physically test it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.