MacBook RAM dropped by $50,

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jav6454, Mar 3, 2009.

1. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes, as you read it. The RAM upgrade to 4GB is now very affordable through Apple as now the price is $100 regular and $90 if you are a student.

Mjmmmmm, is Apple finally realizing they can't nickel and dime us in RAM. Also, FTW, Apple is offering 256 GB SSD for the MacBook.

2. VladM macrumors regular

Eh? I just bought 2x2GB today for my macbook, cost me less that $50. HTF is $100 "affordable"?

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

... When the Alu. MB's were released, DDR3 ram was expensive. What did you want Apple to do?

Now RAM is cheaper, so it's not as much as it used to be through Apple (but still more expensive through Apple than doing it yourself).

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah, but you don't have to deal with third-party warranty if you use Apple RAM; plus to a lot of folks there is the convenience of not having to take off the cover and stuff—a lot of people are very uncomfortable with that.

5. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

$94 dollars for US Armed Forces, yet the laptop is $28 than the education discount. I'm kind of lost, but alright. Also, when selecting iWork to be preinstalled on the US Armed Forces MacBook, it still say $74, even though it allows you to get $30 off. It takes the total off on the customization page for the regular and education store, is it just an error?

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Is it safe to get this vs. Crucial's CT898327 which is specifically for Macs? Just asking b/c I've had issues with non-Mac specific RAM before. I'm all for saving $12 though if it's the same thing in a different package.

7. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i recently bought DDR3 RAM for my unibody from Crucial. i used the system scanner and the right RAM showed up.

if that's what comes up - it will work.

and if it doesn't they have a good return policy!

and yes there was a big deal with unibody computers having issues - however with their warranty and return policy, i don't think you have to worry.

i have been using this RAM for about 2 months now and haven't seen a problem yet!