Macbook screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rienhh, Jan 5, 2014.

1. rienhh macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I just have a quick question.

Anyone knows about the strength of the macbook air screen?

Today, I was doing some designs and i placed my ball point pen tip very near the screen and accidentally, i tapped the screen with the tip (without cover on). It had an audible tap sound but the pressure wasn't great as the ball point pen was about 2cm away from the screen before it contacted the screen.

I understand that the macbook air screen is made of plastic and not as durable as glass screen MBP.

I have examined the screen in detail repeatedly and everything seems perfectly fine with no dents, colours runs, dead pixels etc.

I am wondering if this means my macbook air screen is alright or should i be concerned?

Any comments is greatly appreciated as i am flusterred and worried now.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

One thread is enough, please don't make several threads across the boards.

As per your question, it depends on the glass strength itself.

3. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Your MBA is fine. Don't worry about it unless you can actually find something that's wrong.

Also, it's against the rules to duplicate a thread in a different sub-forum. This thread belongs in the MBA sub-forum.

Regards
    Raptor

EDIT: Also, why so many threads about potential damage from actions you confirmed to be harmless?

4. rienhh thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Raptor,

I am sorry that i posted multiple threads. I was frantic and I wished to seek comments from experienced users like yourself.

Although i did repeatedly confirm and checked that it was fine but i do not know if there might be possibly any damage i couldnt see.

In the case of LCD screens, are all damages clearly visible under strong light?

Regards

5. raptor402 macrumors 6502

In case of LCD screens, any damage will be immediately visible with the backlight switched on

Raptor