Macbook & Sylvania 32" LCD TV with HDMI

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BrownManUPS, Nov 29, 2008.

1. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Hi all,

I have a Macbook Mid 2007 (2.16 GHz) and the correct Mini-DVI to HDMI and HDMI to TV cable. I am trying to view my screen on the TV but it just showing black...any suggestions? Mirroring is turned on and it recognizes my TV as a FUNAI but not as a Sylvania...

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Different resolution perhaps?

3. BrownManUPS thread starter macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Update: It seems I get an image now, but it doesn't quite fit on the TV...suggestions? I'm at 1920x1080 at the moment...

4. BrownManUPS thread starter macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Okay I got it to fit inside (with some black space around it but I guess I can't complain =/).

My next question. How do I get audio? Does audio output through the HDMI cable or do I need to get a cable for the headphone jack or do I just use external speakers. I was going to go with the last option but I'd like to know if the HDMI output output's audio as well.

5. fandsw macrumors regular

DVI does not contain audio, so your DVI to HDMI conversion has no audio. FOr simplicity's sake, DVI is basically HDMI minus the audio. You will need to use the headphone jack for audio out.

6. skiturn macrumors newbie

I just bought the same tv and can't connect my macbook with the correct cables. i have the same black screen you had. how did you get an image?