Macbook Unibody with Vista 64

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bruinboy2000, Apr 15, 2009.

1. bruinboy2000 macrumors newbie

I have a new Macbook Unibody 2.4GHz and have installed Vista 64-bit on it (after dealing with the work-around for the boot camp drivers). I've also gone to the Nvidia site and downloaded the latest drivers for it.

However when I "rate" the machine with the Vista Experience evaluation my Video is only coming out as a 1.0. I'm thinking that there is something that I haven't updated or need to change because the 9400m chip should be far more powerful than that.

Any ideas?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The HDD ends up eating the score. It normally gets a 1.0-1.9 score.... don't know why

3. southernbear78 macrumors newbie

When I "rated" my new unibody MacBook in Vista x64, it actually rated it pretty high (5.3) or something like that - that was after installing the bootcamp drivers via the method you noted in a prior post. That is with 4gb RAM and the included hard drive.

After upgrading the hard drive to a Scorpio Black 320gb 7200rpm hard drive, the rating remained the same - the limiting factor was the video score of 5.3 (I believe).

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yeah, it happens also. I mean, this scenario I describe doesn't happen to everyone and it is a fixable state.

5. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Were you running on battery when you rated your machine?

6. Buffalo Bill macrumors newbie

Video Driver is most likely the problem

I just installed Vista 32-bit on my iMac C2D 3.06, and I got a 1.0 video until the Apple Updater finally installed the correct nVidia drivers. Even the drivers on nVidia's website wouldn't budge it past 1.0. I now have a 5.6 Index. Since Apple doesn't support Vista 64, you may have to do a bit of fiddling to get the correct 64-bit video driver to work with the Vista Rater.

Good luck, and be sure and let us all know what you find!

7. CarcinogenX macrumors member

What bit of fiddling did you do? I'm in the same boat with WEI of 1.0.
    I installed Boot Camp drivers and got a 1.0 so I downloaded the Nvidia drivers for Vista 64 9000 series drivers for laptops, and still got a 1.0 :(

Windows only uses the 9600GT, so it tears through the battery. I get about 1/3 of the battery life that I get with OSX. Apple Updater is not offering any solution either.