Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonia1234321

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Ok so, now that the Sep. 9 has been confirmed to be "Let's Rock", I highly doubt that there are going to be any Macbook updates. This is a problem, because I was really hoping that there was going to be, since I really need to buy a Macbook. AND, the Buyer's Guide has now changed the Macbook to "Do not buy", so I don't know what to do!

Does anybody know around when the Macbooks ARE going to be revised?

Thanks

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Teen calm down! Its a forum and obviously the OP's excited!

@OP: Most probably no considering all the rumors, event's name and branding (see the pic on page 1). October seems to be it!
No harm in waiting for another couple days!

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Hm, that's interesting... So, if there aren't any huuge changes, are they going to just quietly update it?

Apple made the most significant change to its computer line in years with no event. That was back in 2006 when they released MacBook and took the massively popular iBook off sale. The next MacBook update will be of less significance than this event.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I think it is safe to say, nobody on this forum knows when the next macbook will introduced. Both your question has been asked many of times and has been answered many times.

A quick search would have shown you that. There is only speculation and dreams as to what, when and how the macbook will be introduced.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I think it is safe to say, nobody on this forum knows when the next macbook will introduced. Both your question has been asked many of times and has been answered many times.

A quick search would have shown you that. There is only speculation and dreams as to what, when and how the macbook will be introduced.

Amen to that; this is called Mac Rumours, not Mac Facts. We don't know. we can offer guesses, sometimes informed, or educated guesses - or interpretations, - based on known patterns of such events in the past, but nobody (save Mr Jobs himself and his immediate circle) can give you a definitive answer on that.
Cheers

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
Not even the apple store workers or their managers know until right before it happens, I shoould know I know someone who works there and they dont know!!

STOP MAKING DUMP REPETITIVE POSTS ON RELEASE DATES, HOW MANY THREADS DOES THERE NEED TO BE ON ALL OF THIS???????

Mods why don't you delete these? Surely pointless usage on a topic that has repeated several times?! What is their to gain?!

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Not even the apple store workers or their managers know until right before it happens, I shoould know I know someone who works there and they dont know!!

STOP MAKING DUMP REPETITIVE POSTS ON RELEASE DATES, HOW MANY THREADS DOES THERE NEED TO BE ON ALL OF THIS???????

Mods why don't you delete these? Surely pointless usage on a topic that has repeated several times?! What is their to gain?!

+1
I say insta-ban for posted these "When will X Apple product be updated??? ZOMG HELP me PLZ" threads. There are plenty of rumors threads and there is a buyer guide no need for these.

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Huh? Where'd you get that from? Moarr details pl0x :p :D

You are a 13 year old graphics designer? Seriously? Are you one of those savants that goes to college when they are 10 and graduates by the time they are 13?

The reason I ask is because I know a lot of people who are working towards their graphics design degree and they are in their 20s and 30s - even 40s. How did you get yours when you're only 13?

robo456

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
You are a 13 year old graphics designer? Seriously? Are you one of those savants that goes to college when they are 10 and graduates by the time they are 13?

The reason I ask is because I know a lot of people who are working towards their graphics design degree and they are in their 20s and 30s - even 40s. How did you get yours when you're only 13?

University of Phoenix Online? ;)

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006

Speaking from a little experience here, I'd think a degree would be one of the last things an employer would look for in a potential graphic designer. The number one thing they ask for is talent. Some letters after your name aren't going to affect that.

econoline06

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008

Hey leave him alone dude, seriously. He is an enthusiast of graphic design, what is wrong with that? I think its cool, regardless of age. Yes, your awesome of course, so everyone else has to be lame right? "neiltc13" is correct, they look for talent not a degree. It is all about your portfolio. I know this from personal experience with a few graphic artists including Mr. Evan Reeves (http://www.evanreeves.com/) who has worked for such large companies as Arctic Cat.

Jak3

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I've got a buddy who can't be touched in PS (at least not by most people) and he'll do small work for companies to get his foot in for when he graduates HS...he's been doing this since at least grade 10, so for 3 years now at least as far as I know (10, 11 and 12)

I don't think it's unheard of. Talent > Degree

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/6108977/

sonia1234321

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Hey leave him alone dude, seriously. He is an enthusiast of graphic design, what is wrong with that? I think its cool, regardless of age. Yes, your awesome of course, so everyone else has to be lame right? "neiltc13" is correct, they look for talent not a degree. It is all about your portfolio. I know this from personal experience with a few graphic artists including Mr. Evan Reeves (http://www.evanreeves.com/) who has worked for such large companies as Arctic Cat.

Actually, I'm a girl ;)

I don't know why everyone just assumes that I'm a guy!

Thanks for the post :)

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
don't plan on seeing any new macbooks until the next release of an intell mobile chipset. Penryn is still the newest and is being used currently. Expect to see new macbooks in the first quarter of next year.

dnguyen

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
don't plan on seeing any new macbooks until the next release of an intell mobile chipset. Penryn is still the newest and is being used currently. Expect to see new macbooks in the first quarter of next year.

Next year? Will apple really wait until then and miss out on back to school / holiday sales? I don't think so

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
... I don't feel very well o_O

I hope you're wrong.
btw... the later the better specs ;)

No the upgrades are most probably going to be next month.
Till then the MB will all be montevina (the reason why we havent seen the upgrade in Aug since intel delayed its release)

And at any cost.... the specs would be same for an upgrade now or in Jan since the montevina is the last update intel is providing its current Core 2 lineup! After this... its gonna be Nehalem in mid 2009!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.