MacBook Updates?!?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by esabourin, Oct 29, 2006.

  1. esabourin macrumors member

    Oct 29, 2006
    I've been wanting to buy a MacBook for a while now but i've been waiting for updates,, does anyone know when they'll release the new macbook?? it's been a while since the MacBook was released,,
  2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

    Mar 21, 2006
    no one really knows but apple. The pro lines have historically gotten upgrades leaving non pro lines helpless for a while.
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor


    Staff Member

    Jan 20, 2005
    Tuesday, later this year, or early next year.

    Seriously...nobody knows. Lots of people are throwing dates out there, but it's all guesses.
  4. esabourin thread starter macrumors member

    Oct 29, 2006
    I'm debating weather i should just go ahead and buy a macbook or wait,,i'm also considering buying a macmini because i'm low on cash and i between places,,(living in an appartment half the week and at my house for half the week), with the macmini, i could techinally move it from house to appartment?!?
  5. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816


    Aug 15, 2006
    id say wait as long as you can, than get a macbook over the mini. Id wait though judging by the macbooks pros im guessing theyll come with 1 gig ram standard, well at lest in the two highre end models. But no one knows when they are really coming out. Odds are a tuesday.
  6. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

    Jun 9, 2006
    Redlands, CA
    If you do get a MacBook, check the refurbs. No sense in paying full price at this point in time. If you can wait, see if they update before the shopping season begins. My friend wants an Intel Apple portable on the cheap. When they update the MacBook, the refurbs will be a perfect choice assuming they drop the price to 30-40% off like they did to the refurb MacBook Pro just a week ago.
  7. JAT macrumors 603

    Dec 31, 2001
    Mpls, MN
    The Intel chips have changed the face of Apple hardware updates. Nobody can really guess when they might come.

    The MB and MP are still first gen. The other 3 models lasted about 8 months before the first revision. The MB came out in May. May + 8 = January.

    That's complete and wild assumption.
  8. Willis macrumors 68020


    Apr 23, 2006
    Beds, UK
    I wish people would stop asking this. Everyone here knows no one really knows when Apple will release a product until you get close to the release date. As for the Macbook, you cant pin down its release when nothing is mentioned. Before holiday season can be anytime in november. Most likely it will only see a speed bump, with a full update to C2D next year. Apple have to keep somewhat of a product gap
  9. shadowmoses macrumors 68000


    Mar 6, 2005
    I'd say January is a likely upgrade time, it won't happen this year....

  10. DrBunsenHoneyde macrumors member

    Sep 27, 2006
    I think what i read here a few months ago is perfect, the mac community has started to turn into exactly what the windows/pc community was always waiting for the best new update even if there is no clear sign.

    I bought a MacBook about a month ago now and its perfect. its fast for what it is and i dont see a core2duo update making it much faster than what it is now. I am still relatively new to the MacRumors forums but i am really geting fed up with constant threads about waiting for whatever it is next.

    To go to one extreme i even read a thread by somebody that said they would wait for the new macbook pros only 2 weeks after the macbook pro was released.

    ah well rant over i'm tired just woke up (can u tell by my terrible grammer and spelling?)
  11. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

    Mar 24, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    I concur :)

    even though I have just bought a Blackbook (3 months old) for a reasonable price from a MR member :)

    If Apple did release the C2D Macbooks tomorrow even, I would have zero regrets.
  12. walleyealx macrumors member

    Oct 22, 2006

    maybe you don't think its fun, i certainly dont, but speculation can really get people goin'
  13. emotion macrumors 68040


    Mar 29, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    You might be right but personally I avoid absolute statements like that. :)

    I think maybe over the next two weeks. And if not then I'd perhaps agree with you.
  14. emotion macrumors 68040


    Mar 29, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    I'd like to see the base spec of the black macbook (if they keep the silly price premium) to be similar to the low end mbp (Single 1GB Dimm/120GB-5400). The low end mbp is something of a bargain right now if you ask me.
  15. coachingguy macrumors 6502a


    Feb 7, 2003
    The Great White, Albeit Frozen North
    I've been waiting...

    I'm not so concerned about the speed bump (unless it's a C2D, which I don't expect due to the recent MBP upgrade), which will be negligible as I am an option of getting a matte screen. I do enough photo work that I'm concerned about the color issues I've read about. In addition, I'm concerned about the flourescent lights in at my job. My wife gave me the okeydokee on a Macbook a month ago:D . Well, she's a little motivated to move up to my G4 ibook from her G3 iBook;) . I'm planning on waiting another week or two...maybe til Thanksgiving. If nothing shows up til then...I'll make the jump.

    Just my .02¢ worth

  16. monke macrumors 65816


    May 30, 2005
    Apple probably won't release it for the MacBook line because they want to have that difference in between the two. If they bump them up to C2D there's not going to be a lot of difference, sure screen size and ram, but the processors will be identical.
  17. esabourin thread starter macrumors member

    Oct 29, 2006
    Going Insane, waiting for the new MacBook, When will apple release it?!?!?

    i'm going insane waiting for the update it's been like 170 days!!! i really want one for school, and at this point i can't buy one now, not with the new one coming out soon!!! When are they gonna release it.. I really need one,,please Apple!!!!
  18. monke macrumors 65816


    May 30, 2005
    Buy it now, enjoy it for that extra week or two. Even if they are updated it will probably only be a processor bump and nothing else. Is it worth going crazy, pulling your hair out, and running around like a kid after Halloween? No.

    New technology is constantly introduced, it will always be that way. Always.
  19. andrewfee macrumors 6502

    Aug 29, 2004
    Just buy one now. If you need it for school, then it's stupid to wait.

    I wouldn't expect Core2 in the MacBooks any time soon - they have to leave something for the pro machines.

    The current MacBooks are fantastic machines, have great battery life (I get 3-4 hours surfing) and are very quick, even the base spec. (well this has a gig of ram in it)
  20. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a


    Feb 24, 2006
    like jim cramer would say "BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!"
  21. extraextra macrumors 68000


    Jun 29, 2006
  22. reburrcca macrumors member


    Jul 24, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
  23. l4t13 macrumors regular

    Oct 15, 2006
    i want one too, but i am in no hurry. if you need it that bad just buy it.
  24. MarkCombs macrumors member

    Oct 30, 2006
    Wait, Wait, Wait!!!!

    I disagree, I think you should wait. I joined this forum just because I'm looking around for news of a MacBook release as well (I'm going to buy one as soon as they are updated). I don't think they will switch to the dual core 2's but I think a speed bump, along with more memory, and with all the kinks worked out that was a problem on the first batch (case cracking, heat sink shutdown). Also, I think they are going to offer the black one slightly cheaper (which is the one I want). AND, I think they may offer the matte, non-glare screen again and give the buyer a choice similar to MBP option.....Finally, I think the update is anyday, within the next two weeks

  25. Grakkle macrumors 6502a


    Oct 6, 2006
    Agreed. Just chill out a bit. A computer isn't worth getting so hyped over.

    (Not that it wouldn't be a bummer if you bought one and Apple released the update next week. But really, core 2 duo isn't really worth getting excited over.):rolleyes:

Share This Page