MacBookPro 15" i7 $400 off at BestBuy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dozer_Zaibatsu, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Dozer_Zaibatsu macrumors regular

Dozer_Zaibatsu

Has anyone noticed this? Wife's 8 year-old Air went kablooie last week. We're looking at all kinds of things to replace it, including a hefty laptop which can also replace/supplement her current desktop she uses for graphic design.

I've been put off by Apple, lately, considering the upcharges they have for RAM and HD Space, which I find a little hostile towards a customer base which is supposedly pros. The base 15 with the 6-core i7 and Radeon 555 looks great, but we weren't considering it at the price it has been. But it looks like they're discounting it to $1999 at BestBuy, which makes it on par (almost) with a Windows machine. Is there some catch to this where it's always out of stock or what?

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Just pointing out that is a 2018 for that price. And you can get the same from Apple Refurbs at the same price and not deal with the disaster that is WorstBuy.

3. Dozer_Zaibatsu thread starter macrumors regular

Dozer_Zaibatsu

Roger that. I see it now. The difference is subtle in specs, basically one being the 8th gen i7 and the other being the 9th.

MicroCenter has the 15" on sale for $2,069. So $70 more for the newer chip, but also the newer keyboard, which I'd rather go for, assuming they've made these supposed improvements. We'll have to consider.

I suppose I'd rather give my money to MicroCenter, anyway. I generally don't like brick and mortar stores if I can get something online. But I respect that MicroCenter exists and caters to people who are actually computer customers, not also buying washing machines and fridges, etc.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68040

You can price match with microcenter at bestbuy depending if you have one near you (microcenter). I prefer bestbuy over microcenter because as an elite you get 30 days return and elite plus you get 45. With a Mac purchase you’ll get 30 days with elite since you spent $1,500 or more . Micro only offers 14. Good for further electronic purchases