macbookpro all sold out within first three hours at the apple retail stores!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 212rikanmofo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

i called all 4 apple stores today after work, all of them sold out. Unbelievable! I wanted to pick one up after work today. Who would imagine these would sell so quick??? I don't get it. It's not like an affordable $199 iPhone! Sigh. They don't know when they will be getting more in. I was really looking forward to getting mines today.

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Apple Highly Paid Economist Who Approved MBP Pricing Structure > Dooms Day Naysayers on MacRumors who say Apple isnt gonna sell.

3. Tosser macrumors 68030

yes, it's true, people are idjits.

Seriously, though, if you want to give the impression that there's a huge demand for something (i.e. hype a product to the common man), deliver only a small amount of the item, all the while making sure everyone and their mamma knows about said item.

Also, they haven't even arrived to my country (Denmark) yet.

Edit:

See above on how to create hype and make belief there's a huge demand for something.

4. rolex54 macrumors 6502

the baybrook houston apple store hasn't even gotten them in yet
    I am hoping for tomorrow

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

order online..
    you won't be sold out.
    again, marketing strategy.

and don't tell me you're surprised..
    otherwise, you don't know APPLE at all

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Can you show me where you got the information on how many laptops they carry per store? Otherwise your just creating negative hype my friend.

7. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

when i bought my macbook today (the falls, in miami) EVERYONE was buying either a mb or mbp...even as I was approaching the store before going in, i saw 3 diff people walking out with new machines. lol i started to speedwalk because i was hoping they wouldnt sell out.

8. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Visited an Apple Store today and ... no new systems to show, but the salesguy talked about them being in the back room.

Bought an MBPro online for the 2.8ghz option

9. Tosser macrumors 68030

No, I can't show you any such numbers, but neither can you. I am giving you an opportunity to take such claims with a grain of salt instead of acting like a lemming. The reality is that what I just said is very well used and not very secret tactic if you're big enough to create hype around a product, because most people fall for the logical fallacy that if it's popular it's not only good, but they have to have it.
    "Negative hype", lol! Get real, will you. If I were able to singedhandedly create "negative hype" I would be hired by the tossers in the american election. perhaps you ought to look up the definition of the word in your dictionary. Or simply just click ctrl+cmd+d while hovering above the word.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Exactly.All I'm saying is that you and I both are making comments not backed up by any facts. Don't declare something to be just because thats how you view it.

11. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Called two apple stores in LA earlier today and they were all in stock.

12. Tosser macrumors 68030

Actually, I was responding to what was inferred in the first post. The first post clearly implied that there was a huge demand for these things akin to the iPhone mass hysteria. Which, frankly, sounds a little too outlandish and a fanboyish attempt to hype said products.

I wasn't "declaring" anything, I was giving an alternate view on the hype. That's a huge difference, and I don't need numbers to back that up – especially since it's a well know strategy within the industry.

13. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

I was at the Christianity Mall in Deleware since 9:30am this morning. I didn't get my hands on my MBP until 12:30pm-ish. Hehe, half the store crowded around me as I opened it up in front of them.

(Hey, it was THEIR idea!! lol...but I gotta admit, I did enjoy the attention.) :D

14. telf22 macrumors regular

u WHORE :)

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

And i was giving an alternative view to your view of this supposed hype. I didn't see the first post saying there was a huge amount of hype, of course we could just BOTH be looking at what we want to see.

And being a widespread strategy doesnt mean its being implemented here. Is it, most likely, but without proof its purely speculation.

16. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Am I the only person who can't get this to work? :confused:

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

me either, i dont have a cmd button;)

18. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

He assumes you are using Safari, when the rest of us in the 21st century are utilizing FireFox, a real mans browser :)

19. Tosser macrumors 68030

LOL, well, you'll need a Mac for it to work, of course.
    But if you don't, there's always this:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

20. Tosser macrumors 68030

Actually, I use omniweb mostly. Firefox seems more like the browser for the man who drives a "souped up" Civic with spoilers, skirts and way too many headlights.

This kind:

[​IMG]

21. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Ok, yup, that's exactly what it was. Thanks! :)

22. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

lol...look at the rockstar with the Apple product!

And serisously, the it's actually called the Christianity Mall?!...wow, just wow.

23. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

Tosser i disagree, the souped up ricer too fast n furious browser would have to be IE! :D

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I dont care for definitions really, you got my point, your just nitpicking at how I said it.

Why is it that bush can pull of edjumacation as a word but i get in trouble for not finding a better way to word negative hype?

Maybe you guys hold me in a higher regard than a monkey?:p im honored lol