Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2005
Davis CA
it looks like it is in euros or something. for sure in another currency, so it would be more expensive once its converted

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Well, the current bid is 610 Euro, which is about US$790. Then there's about 65 Euro worth of fees (shipping, insurance), and a RAFT of conditions.

I wouldn't buy it simply because the seller is in China. How are you going to get recourse if they rip you off in any way?

nazdarky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
clayj said:
Well, the current bid is 610 Euro, which is about US$790. Then there's about 65 Euro worth of fees (shipping, insurance), and a RAFT of conditions.

I wouldn't buy it simply because the seller is in China. How are you going to get recourse if they rip you off in any way?

Yep. That's why I posted it. Just too good to be true and I wanted to let folks know about the risks. The sad thing is that I would love to have a MB or MBP, but can't afford one right now.:( I wonder if these are knock-offs, seconds, or ??

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
It looks dodgey as they say pay by paypal at the top and then don't pay be paypal further down, you seem to have to transfer the money direct.

Also none of the auctions previously given seem to actually have any pictures and seem to contain no actual text (though that could be because they are in chinese.) a lot of the accounts giving feedback seem to have closed, and the feedback is all given very close together. All the stuff about beautiful dresses, with no images.

There are other inconsistances in the auction also, saying it is 6 weeks old and that it is new, I think the buyer's been scammed.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Click to see his feedback, then look at the items people bought from him/he sold. They're just blank auctions with tons of "?'s" in them, LOL!!!

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Also, all their prevous auctions look fake. Check out the feedback, and look at the people buying from them.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
deals on computers at ebay are almost never deals. The current bid is $1100 US. There's no way someone would sell a $2100 computer for that amount of money. I don't have to look at his feedback to know instantly it's a scam.

karichelle

macrumors member
May 26, 2006
Ohio
Looks like it's ended...

Winning bid: EUR 860.00
(Approximately US $1,110.43)

And that the seller is no longer a registered user...which I would assume voids the transaction. Looks like eBay thought it was suspicious too.

Mr. DG

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2006
ITASOR said:
Click to see his feedback, then look at the items people bought from him/he sold. They're just blank auctions with tons of "?'s" in them, LOL!!!

If you havent got the chinese language installed then it will show up as ???? instead. But of course that still doesnt mean this was genuine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.