Macbooks from Amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by warthog303, Mar 20, 2011.

1. warthog303 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm about to buy my first Mac and have noticed how much cheaper they are on Amazon. What I need to know is, if I buy from one of the third party shops that sell through Amazon, does doing this count as if I was buying from Amazon themselves and therefore I would be covered as buying from an authorized Apple reseller?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. 19abby macrumors newbie

to my knowledge you will still have your apple warranty.

3. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

Buying from an authorized reseller or not, you're still covered under the warranty. It's all about the serial number.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I got mine from amazon but directly. That is covered. I'd assume the same in your case

5. gofightlose macrumors member

gofightlose

yep, apple doesn't care where you bought it from, they still get the moolah. One thing to take note is that the 1 year warranty starts from whenever the computer was bought from apple, not necessarily when you buy it.

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The warranty begins on the date when a consumer purchases from said retailer. Not when the retailer purchases from Apple.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It doesn't really matter if you consider it from Amazon or an Authorized Reseller. Apple doesn't care. They just go by the warranty status which tied with the serial number of your Mac.

8. mghostsoft macrumors member

mghostsoft

As far as I know, if you can provide enough certification to demonstrate your purchase date, then this will be the date when the warranty begins; otherwise the factory date according to the SN will be.

9. warthog303 thread starter macrumors newbie

.. So if i buy a MacBook from one of these sellers and somthing goes wrong within the first year, as long as I have my receipt/proof of purchase and a valid serial number I can walk into an apple store and they will repair/replace it with no hassle??

10. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

yes...

11. smcbaird macrumors newbie

Purchased macbook in the past off amazon, had no trouble warranty wise.

12. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

13. warthog303 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help, might order one today!!!! :)