Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
Just received shipping notice from Macconnection that my 16g black iPad 2
shipped yesterday via UPS 2nd day air at no additional charge. I ordered it
on 3/13. They originally told me it would ship in two weeks. Thank you
Macconnection for coming thru. Your the best. I have been buying frrom
them for about 6 years. No sales tax (Calif) or shipping charges. You all should
be receiving yours shortly.:)

Do you work for MacConnection?

Stsai

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
Delay...

Order right around 2:15 PST. 32GB & 64GB White. The 32GB shipped last week and was received on Friday but the 64GB is still back-ordered. CS said 4/1. Did anyone have luck getting upgraded shipping or other stuff to compensate for the delay? Or did they just blame Apple and say too bad?

apd8

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
CA
Order right around 2:15 PST. 32GB & 64GB White. The 32GB shipped last week and was received on Friday but the 64GB is still back-ordered. CS said 4/1. Did anyone have luck getting upgraded shipping or other stuff to compensate for the delay? Or did they just blame Apple and say too bad?

They are offering free 2-day shipping now.

I chatted with a rep online asking if my shipping for the order that I'd already placed will be upgraded. She asked me for the order number and checked and said yes.

I think they will upgrade the shipping for all backorder customers, but you can either call or chat with a rep to ask them.

Last edited:

nlpamg

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
Woo!

I just checked on the status of my white 64GB AT&T that I ordered on 3/13, and it states shipped!

I already paid $14.95 back then for 2-day shipping, so I doubt I'll get that back. Oh well. It still beats paying CA sales tax AND the $6 E-waste fee.

Once I receive it, I'll cancel the order I have on Apple.com that I placed on 3/12.

driftmr2

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2009
Broomfield, CO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Called again today. Still saying April 1st. They gave me the free 2 day shipping upgrade. That helps a bit. :)

numble

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2010
I ordered on 3/17. Was quoted 4/1 shipping time. Called today and they are shipping today. This is for 32GB white wifi.

bluebermuda

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Woo!

I just checked on the status of my white 64GB AT&T that I ordered on 3/13, and it states shipped!

I already paid $14.95 back then for 2-day shipping, so I doubt I'll get that back. Oh well. It still beats paying CA sales tax AND the $6 E-waste fee.

Once I receive it, I'll cancel the order I have on Apple.com that I placed on 3/12.

Why cancel your order from Apple? Simply sell it when it arrives and use the profit to reduce the cost of the iPad that you receive from MacConnection.

Of course you can receive the $14.95 back, simply telephone them and request that they credit your credit card.

bluebermuda

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
the key is the right reseller that get's good quantities. macconnection for whatever reason just does not get quantities from apple and they don't give out accurate info

You are completely wrong. MacConnection is one of the largest Apple retailers in the United States.

bluebermuda

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
They might also get "shorted" and/or swamped because they are the only place AFAIK where you can buy an iPad without tax to everywhere except NY...

You are wrong, the division of MacConnection that sells the iPad 2, PCconnectionexpress, charges sales tax sales and use taxes for sales shipped to the State(s) of Alabama, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Ohio.

There are many online retailers that do not charge sales tax. As long as they do not have nexus in your state they are not required to collect sales tax.

webvan

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
ok, at the time it seemed they were the only ones with no tax to California, there are a couple more.

Just got off a chat with then, they have the 32Gb WiFi White and the 64Gb ATT White available for shipping...since I'm after the 16Bg WiFi black I'll have to wait a bit.

apd8

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
CA
Yeah it seems like they have received some ipad2s in today.
My black at&t 16GB iPad order placed on 3/18 afternoon has shipped out today via 2-day air shipping.

badtzhou

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
Mac connection

I was reading couple posts about Mac connection, so I decided to give it a try. I called in yesterday. The lady over the phone told me they only have 32gb and 64gb wifi in stock. I wanted a 16gb 3g att black. She told me that it will take about 2 weeks. And she also told me that I can cancel anytime before it was shipped. So I placed the order.
When I checked the online status this morning. The status changed from backordered to open. When I checked the status this afternoon. It changed to shipped.
No tax, two days free shipping. I am happy!!

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
I was reading couple posts about Mac connection, so I decided to give it a try. I called in yesterday. The lady over the phone told me they only have 32gb and 64gb wifi in stock. I wanted a 16gb 3g att black. She told me that it will take about 2 weeks. And she also told me that I can cancel anytime before it was shipped. So I placed the order.
When I checked the online status this morning. The status changed from backordered to open. When I checked the status this afternoon. It changed to shipped.
No tax, two days free shipping. I am happy!!

Dat's great news!

cool-story-bro.jpg

Teacher09

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
After two days straight of looking to get an Ipad 2 32gb wi-fi in black for around $700 on ebay, I decided to try the Mac Connection route myself this evening. However, I forgot to ask if I have an order number and I haven't received an email yet (just ordered about 20 minutes ago). Did everyone else get an email pretty quick or do I need to call in again?

Also, if anyone wanted to know, the sales associate quoted me a 1-2 week wait on that model but he said it probably shouldn't even take that long. We shall see.

badtzhou

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
After two days straight of looking to get an Ipad 2 32gb wi-fi in black for around $700 on ebay, I decided to try the Mac Connection route myself this evening. However, I forgot to ask if I have an order number and I haven't received an email yet (just ordered about 20 minutes ago). Did everyone else get an email pretty quick or do I need to call in again?

Also, if anyone wanted to know, the sales associate quoted me a 1-2 week wait on that model but he said it probably shouldn't even take that long. We shall see.

No email was sent to me when I placed my order. You better call in to get the order number. You can use that to check online status.

apd8

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
CA
Talked to them earlier this week, they said they expected to receive a number of iPad2 to fulfill at least all backorder.

Mine was shipped on Monday and should arrive today.

RogersDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2009
Checked the order status this morning. It's been shipped and will be here tomorrow.

Never received any emails about the order, though. Not a big deal I guess.

OCJeff

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2010
Any new shipments?

Just curious if anyone else has received shipping notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.