Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
One question about the MacHeist....are the licenses you receive for the bundled applications "full" (ie. you can get all the upgrades)? Or will you need to update/buy a new license when one of the bundled apps upgrades to a new version?

It all depends on the developer. For instance, for the 3.0 update to CoverSutra you will have to pay. AppZapper, however, has free updates for life.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Did you get your s/n yet? I still haven't received mine......:confused:

The status says "Your VectorDesigner serial will appear here within the next 48 hours." and has said that since it unlocked. It's been about 45.25 hours since it was unlocked, so give it another two hours forty-five minutes, then complain. :D

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Less than an hour left, better act quick. Dont forget to check the Referral thread, I could still use one :)

weyus

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008
I have tried to get a simple support question (concerning how long the installation keys are good for) by emailing directorate08@macheist.com 4X in the last two weeks and haven't heard back anything.

I'm very unimpressed with the MacHeist folks and wouldn't recommend purchasing from them in the future.

Wes Gamble

phillryu

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2001
I have tried to get a simple support question (concerning how long the installation keys are good for) by emailing directorate08@macheist.com 4X in the last two weeks and haven't heard back anything.

I'm very unimpressed with the MacHeist folks and wouldn't recommend purchasing from them in the future.

Wes Gamble

All of your licenses are exactly the same as if you purchased each app from the individual developers' sites.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007

Wes Gamble

Ummm... do you realize that MacHeist are not the developers of the software??? Contact the developer of the software you are questioning. What were you thinking??

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Ummm... do you realize that MacHeist are not the developers of the software??? Contact the developer of the software you are questioning. What were you thinking??
Actually, I don't fault weyus at all!

I had issues w/ a couple of my licenses and when I contacted the developers; they all said that it was up to MH to fix or reissue license serials.

And take a look at MH's forums. Littered with tons of threads with people having issues getting licenses and whatnot.

I'm conflicted. I like the bundles. But I feel like sometimes MH bites off more than it can chew and it leads to problems.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Actually, I don't fault weyus at all!

I had issues w/ a couple of my licenses and when I contacted the developers; they all said that it was up to MH to fix or reissue license serials.

And take a look at MH's forums. Littered with tons of threads with people having issues getting licenses and whatnot.

I'm conflicted. I like the bundles. But I feel like sometimes MH bites off more than it can chew and it leads to problems.

Guess I was lucky with my license keys. Even though I dont plan on using all of the apps, I installed them anyway to verify the keys.

What keys are you having issues with?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
What keys are you having issues with?
Here's the irony...

... I haven't even installed them all. ;) Ran into (now well documented) issues w/ LaunchBar, Tiki Mini Golf, and 1Password. They've all been resolved, but still it took awhile and there was no notification of the issues being resolved. They just finally worked eventually. And again, don't believe me? Go read the MH forums (assuming they haven't "magicked" away those threads :p).

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Ran into (now well documented) issues w/ LaunchBar, Tiki Mini Golf, and 1Password. They've all been resolved, but still it took awhile and there was no notification of the issues being resolved.

I haven't looked at MH forums yet, but are you running Leopard?

weyus

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008

I don't even own a Mac yet. I'm waiting for the new MacBookPro. So my only question was to find out how long the installation keys would be good for to ensure that I'd be able to get all of the bundle contents when I get my MBP.

I gave MacHeist $50 and their Web site says:

"If your question is specific to MacHeist, you can email us at directorate08@macheist.com."

so I did. And I've never received a response of any kind, not even an acknowledgement of receipt. If MacHeist is going to broker on behalf of other companies, then they should field questions about the bundle.

Wes

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
I don't even own a Mac yet. I'm waiting for the new MacBookPro. So my only question was to find out how long the installation keys would be good for to ensure that I'd be able to get all of the bundle contents when I get my MBP.

I gave MacHeist $50 and their Web site says:

"If your question is specific to MacHeist, you can email us at directorate08@macheist.com."

so I did. And I've never received a response of any kind, not even an acknowledgement of receipt. If MacHeist is going to broker on behalf of other companies, then they should field questions about the bundle.

Wes

What software companies did you contact? I am not trying to take MacHeist side, but what would happen if you purchased a bundle of software from BestBuy? You wouldnt contact BB about the software license, you would contact the individual software developers.

Im just playing devils advocate here, but I really think the software developers should be helping you out. What happens if you have trouble installing it or it keeps crashing, you would contact the developer.

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
How many people here actually found the MacHeist bundle to be of value to them? Nothing against MacHeist nor any of the software apps or developers, but when I looked through the list of software, not a single thing seemed useful to me.

I mainly bought it for Pixelmator, which is usually $60. I need a low cost photoshop alternative. Don't use many of the others except AppZapper and Awaken.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
How many people here actually found the MacHeist bundle to be of value to them? Nothing against MacHeist nor any of the software apps or developers, but when I looked through the list of software, not a single thing seemed useful to me.

To each his own. Ive been using AppZapper, Pixelmator, and 1Password on a regular basis. The other apps are great for when you need them. I believe its a steal at the price.

Did you miss out on it?

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia

I bought it almost exclusively for Pixelmator.

The games are a nice bonus, though. And I may use the other apps occasionally.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007

So far I've used a good percentage of the package and definitely have gotten my money's worth.

Pixelmator
Cha-Ching
Awaken
SnapzProX
1Password
AppZapper
CoverSutra
SpeedDownload

Are all used daily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.