Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHeist 3

• I bought it mainly for THL/Espresso. I'm going to be annoyed if they aren't unlocked.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • I bought it and I'm not bothered about THL/Espresso

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • I would have bought if there were better apps

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • Money's too tight, but it sounds like a killer deal!

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
6 days to go and they're at (just about) $300,000 now. We haven't even unlocked BonixTV, we're surely not going to break the super lock for THL/Espresso.

What's everybody else's view of this? Has this Macheist been a failure? Would better apps have persuaded you to buy, or is money just tight right now? Do you think they'll make it. If you bought - are you going to be upset if you don't get THL/Espresso?

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I didn't buy it this year. Too many redundant apps for miniscule tasks I can handle marginally less productively with other apps I'm already familiar with.

Not to sound pessimistic - I'm not trying to be, really. This year it just wasn't for me.

TomKease

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2008
i think i might buy it....

i never have before...but the pic programs look cool and my chick has been looking for a "cooking" app.

39 dollars isnt to bad....

i already have wire tap though...

HMMMM>

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I actually didn't have any of these apps yet, so I bought in...I like Kinemac (that, and Wiretap Studio were the big guns for me), but it looks like they might fall short this year :(

I've been sending tweets, and I know Chris Pirillo has been sending them just about every day too...too little too late maybe.

celticgrid

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
Buffalo, NY
The only app in there that I want is World of Goo, and I'm waiting for it to appear on the iPhone.

So nah, not this year.

Same here. Only Goo is attractive. The other apps just don't hold anything 'special' and I have similar apps for doing those jobs. Perhaps in previous years I have bought anyway, to try alternatives, but the money is indeed not flowing like previous years!

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
it's a marketing scheme with self imposed limits.....and it'll damage the prospects for next year if they don't unlock so it seems likely they'll figure a way to keep everybody happy

erikistired

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2006
(770)
i have world of goo. i kinda want one or maybe even two (but not three?) of the picture editing apps, but they aren't must haves. for 40 bucks, i would have liked to see more variety.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i'm on the fence of buying. i don't need any of the apps. i have littlesnapper already and i think its great. i have pixelmator, so i'm not interested in the photoeditors. hitlist and espresso are useless to me as well.

cromag rally and world of goo could be fun.

but phoneview, wiretap, kinemac and boinx is what i'd like to get. so most likely i'll buy it.

simultech

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2007
I bought it just for pictureque, that program is a godsend for anyone doing graphics/web stuff

uMac

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
Canada
Well considering all the extra apps they keep chucking into the pile (for tweet-blasts and referrals) you can now get up to 17 apps (18 apps if had bought early and didn't have ordering problems) if all gets unlocked.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I mainly went for Kinemac, Picturesque and Espresso (even though it's still in the Beta), but considering it's 5 days out from finishing I can't really see them unlocking anything else unless everyone is waiting until the last days or more unlocks...

IMHO I didn't think the MH was nearly as bad as the feedback given, overall there were some pretty decent selections of applications for $39 and with the discount vouchers I really thought it was a bargain.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
...........................................................IMHO I didn't think the MH was nearly as bad as the feedback given, overall there were some pretty decent selections of applications for $39 and with the discount vouchers I really thought it was a bargain.

I really never quite get the negative feedback these bundle sales get. usually the value is great. and if you want enough of the app's offered to justify the price is uop to the individual buyer. but some people are outright vicious about these deal. i mean it's software for $39, nothing serious. i like playing with new apps just for fun. i consider that an alternmative to buying a game or renting a few movies.

fredr500

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Delicious library did it for me

I was going to buy that anyway, the rest is gravy.

Go for it, it's only $39 and $10 of that goes to charity.

Fred

CTYankee

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
they will make it, but odd that this post is the first mention I've seen here in MR. USually there is a big ad and news item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.