Macheist - will they make it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Saladinos, Apr 1, 2009.

?

MacHeist 3

1. I bought it mainly for THL/Espresso. I'm going to be annoyed if they aren't unlocked.

22 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. I bought it and I'm not bothered about THL/Espresso

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. I would have bought if there were better apps

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Money's too tight, but it sounds like a killer deal!

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

6 days to go and they're at (just about) $300,000 now. We haven't even unlocked BonixTV, we're surely not going to break the super lock for THL/Espresso.

What's everybody else's view of this? Has this Macheist been a failure? Would better apps have persuaded you to buy, or is money just tight right now? Do you think they'll make it. If you bought - are you going to be upset if you don't get THL/Espresso?

2. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I didn't buy it this year. Too many redundant apps for miniscule tasks I can handle marginally less productively with other apps I'm already familiar with.

Not to sound pessimistic - I'm not trying to be, really. This year it just wasn't for me.

3. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

Money's to tight. :(

Moving from Germany to British Columbia in the summer. $$$

But I bet they can get it done. :)

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

The only app in there that I want is World of Goo, and I'm waiting for it to appear on the iPhone.

So nah, not this year.

5. TomKease macrumors member

i think i might buy it....

i never have before...but the pic programs look cool and my chick has been looking for a "cooking" app.

39 dollars isnt to bad....

i already have wire tap though...

HMMMM>

6. Slumbercub macrumors regular

I can't be bothered, MH gets worse each round. :rolleyes::(

7. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I actually didn't have any of these apps yet, so I bought in...I like Kinemac (that, and Wiretap Studio were the big guns for me), but it looks like they might fall short this year :(

I've been sending tweets, and I know Chris Pirillo has been sending them just about every day too...too little too late maybe.

8. awpitchy macrumors member

awpitchy

I hope they make it, I still need one more referral! :)

9. celticgrid macrumors newbie

celticgrid

Same here. Only Goo is attractive. The other apps just don't hold anything 'special' and I have similar apps for doing those jobs. Perhaps in previous years I have bought anyway, to try alternatives, but the money is indeed not flowing like previous years!

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

11. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it's a marketing scheme with self imposed limits.....and it'll damage the prospects for next year if they don't unlock so it seems likely they'll figure a way to keep everybody happy

12. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

i have world of goo. i kinda want one or maybe even two (but not three?) of the picture editing apps, but they aren't must haves. for 40 bucks, i would have liked to see more variety.

13. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i'm on the fence of buying. i don't need any of the apps. i have littlesnapper already and i think its great. i have pixelmator, so i'm not interested in the photoeditors. hitlist and espresso are useless to me as well.

cromag rally and world of goo could be fun.

but phoneview, wiretap, kinemac and boinx is what i'd like to get. so most likely i'll buy it.

14. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

If I buy the package now and the other apps are unlocked later, will I get them?

15. dantherevelator macrumors regular

Yup. Please do buy it. I want The Hit List.

16. digiphantom macrumors regular

17. simultech macrumors newbie

I bought it just for pictureque, that program is a godsend for anyone doing graphics/web stuff

18. uMac macrumors 6502

Well considering all the extra apps they keep chucking into the pile (for tweet-blasts and referrals) you can now get up to 17 apps (18 apps if had bought early and didn't have ordering problems) if all gets unlocked.

19. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

dont really need any of those apps so i didnt get it

20. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I mainly went for Kinemac, Picturesque and Espresso (even though it's still in the Beta), but considering it's 5 days out from finishing I can't really see them unlocking anything else unless everyone is waiting until the last days or more unlocks...

IMHO I didn't think the MH was nearly as bad as the feedback given, overall there were some pretty decent selections of applications for $39 and with the discount vouchers I really thought it was a bargain.

21. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

this is making me think about purchasing the bundle. i've been thinking about picking up delicious library 2 for a bit now, and the other programs would just be icing at that point.

22. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

I really never quite get the negative feedback these bundle sales get. usually the value is great. and if you want enough of the app's offered to justify the price is uop to the individual buyer. but some people are outright vicious about these deal. i mean it's software for $39, nothing serious. i like playing with new apps just for fun. i consider that an alternmative to buying a game or renting a few movies.

23. osin macrumors 6502

this time MH doesn't look that interesting...

24. fredr500 macrumors regular

Delicious library did it for me

I was going to buy that anyway, the rest is gravy.

Go for it, it's only $39 and $10 of that goes to charity.

Fred

25. CTYankee macrumors 6502

they will make it, but odd that this post is the first mention I've seen here in MR. USually there is a big ad and news item.