MacMall trustworthy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SR71, Jun 26, 2012.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

I plan on ordering a new MacBook Pro from MacMall to avoid the sales tax on Apple's online store and to also benefit from the free shipping, but I wasn't sure if it was a trustworthy respectable website?

Thanks!

2. GaiaAero macrumors regular

They're trustworthy. I bought my Retina Macbook from them

3. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Sounds good to me. Did you get the free shipping? If so, was it delivered within the 3-7 days that it said it would be delivered in?

Thanks again.

4. GaiaAero macrumors regular

Oh. I went to the retail store :D

5. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Damn haha, you're luck you live in Cali and live near one lol. I'm all the way in Boston... no MacMall retail stores around here, sadly.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're ever in doubt about a company, website, app, product, etc., a good way to check is to search this forum for threads/posts on it. If it has been around a while and is well known, you'll find plenty of comments about it. In the case of MacMall, it appears to have mostly positive comments.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've purchased from them in the past - I have no complaints. Good experience all around

8. infamous84 macrumors member

bought my macbook retina from them on 6/22 got it delivered today,
    also bought my ipad 3 from them no issues at all.

9. Trepanator macrumors newbie

MacMall has been around far, far longer than most websites-- Mac retailers used to sell a LOT of gear through mail order catalogs before Internet transactions were possible. I remember receiving catalogs from the MacMall back in 1991, when we purchased our first Mac. Purchased many things from them over the years, including the original Marathon (on four floppy disks), ClarisWorks, Aldus Freehand (and PageMaker), and several computers.

So yeah, not a fly by night company by any means.

10. icewing macrumors 6502

I've used them for years...never had a problem.

11. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

got my mac mini from them in late 09 model and ordered my ipad2 from them but ended up canceling as it was taking forever for stock to come in

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

why the hell would all of these people with a 3-4 week wait not buy it from them and get it in a week?

13. m4tic macrumors member

14. mrobit macrumors regular

Got my 17" Feb. 2011 MBP from them. No complaints. Order over the phone and you can get a restaurant.com gift card usually haha.

15. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

Macmall is great. Stop by on their retail store once in awhile. They got a lot of refurbished item that onsale good store better than Best buy

16. nishioka macrumors member

Canceled my order with Apple and bought from MacMall because they had the model in stock that I was after... should be here by the end of the week instead of middle of next month :D

17. john123 macrumors 68000

john123

For some of us, ordering online through Apple comes out hundreds of dollars cheaper, even after factoring in tax or lack thereof. For some other people, BTO is important.

18. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

BTO or 0% financing probably the two biggest reasons.

19. infamous84 macrumors member

thats why i did cancelled my order last week from apple. Ordered from macmall on 6/22 got it on 6/26

20. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I ordered a rMBP from their site on Saturday, and it'll be here tomorrow. Also saving $200 in tax is worth it alone. They do BTO as well.

21. Bazzy macrumors regular

22. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Alright, well thank you very much for the info guys! Next time I'll definitely do a search, as I have to admit I did not do one before posting this thread, although I should have.

23. Fissure macrumors 6502

I'll never buy from Macmall again. Many many years ago I bought an iBook from them that had a free Epson printer as a promo. They said the iBook and printer was in stock and would ship the next day. Epson printer came but the iBook didn't. I contacted them and they said it would be several weeks for the iBook. I cancel the order and told them I'd ship the printer back. Guess what, they wouldn't let me return the printer and charged me $60 for it. Pathetic company.

24. tomtom2234 macrumors member

You realize you are suppose to pay taxes on those purchases anyways, right :rolleyes:

Yes, they are a very reputable company. I've never personally bought from them but I've only heard good. You can also check out Amazon. They have free 2 day shipping (amazon prime has a free trial if you don't have it already) and also don't charge taxes.