macOS 10.14 Mojave: All The Little Things

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Galaxas0, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

So I suddenly have two weather widgets. The regular one and another one appeared telling me tomorrow's weather partially in Dutch. Any idea where this comes from?

Attached Files:

2. TheralSadurns macrumors 6502a

The original one... is just that...
    the second one... partially in Dutch is coming from Siri. If you asked Siri for the weather and added it to the Notification Center... this is what you get.

3. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

I never asked Siri to do anything. Does Siri automatically add the weather widget when you ask about it? Like "What's the weather like in Amsterdam tomorrow?"

4. TheralSadurns macrumors 6502a

No idea... it was just a hunch I had. So I asked Siri myself... and clicked the plus icon on her reply... voila... it looked exactly like your screenshot. Whether there are OTHER ways of getting it... Idk...

5. thingstoponder macrumors 6502

thingstoponder

I still haven't received the 10.14.1 update on my 2012 MBP. What's this all about?

Im running 18A389. Is this the newest version and I just don't remember updating?

6. mgauss7 macrumors regular

mgauss7

Why is Mojave not a formal upgrade for my iMac? It seems there are two paths now.

7. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Not sure what the question is.

If you are on a previous version of macOS, the next version is never an 'upgrade' from the App Store... It's installing a different (new) version... it's a subtle difference, but that's how it's always been for OS versions on the Mac.

8. Tech198 macrumors G5

This will be a good one..

In 10.14.2 when you run Terminal command like diskutil, or where there is a time left indicator of ,it should be more accurate the closer you get to the end..

However now, its off by at least 2 or3 seconds and goes "up".. aka.. diskutil zerodisk with 5% left to go. it would be around 5, 4 ,9, 6 etc...

Not exactly a good way but seems this needs fixing. At first it was somehow switching desktops and back, but after staying on the same desktop and watching it, the time goes "up" regardless of how completeness. Probably a visual issue, but still. Didn't happen in 10.14.1

9. loekf macrumors 6502a

loekf

So Mojave can automatically mount an UDF 2.6 ISO ? Since when did this happen ?

Not in finder for some reason, but if you use the command line you the ISO file shows as a folder and you can browse its contents.

First time I see this.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.