Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Thanks for the reply. The more I search, the more wide-spread this problem seems to be. People have posted workarounds but nothing from Apple yet.
This merits further investigation, I have a 1TB fusion drive and a 1TB external that I have been using since my Mac was on HS. How big are your drives and your main drive?

wolva

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2018
Mojave fixes the hibernation issue of MBPr Mid 2014 with not genuine SSD (M2 NVMe)?

tnfan

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2016
Franklin, TN
Anyone else having problems using Time Machine to create back ups? Neither my Lacie Quadra or Seagate Back Up Plus are working since upgrading to Mojave. Back up starts but never finishes. Seagate says it's a Mojave problem. Curious what people are seeing. Thanks.
I have the same issue. Cannot find a resolution either.

Reactions: scgf

stuartmitch

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Mornington
A small one I know but a little annoying. I can no longer copy an image when it is open in Preview. Neither cmd-C or Edit>Copy work. Doing this so that I can paste the image into icon for a Folder or Image.

Is it just me or is this a worldwide disaster???

Cheers.....Scotty

x_man_

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
A small one I know but a little annoying. I can no longer copy an image when it is open in Preview. Neither cmd-C or Edit>Copy work. Doing this so that I can paste the image into icon for a Folder or Image.

Did you try cmd-a, cmd-c and then cmd-v? It works for me right now with Mojave. Maybe you can fix the "worldwide disaster" you mention with these key combination sequence.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Cheers.....Scotty

Worldwide disaster? Overhype much? Maybe "annoying", even 'maddening", but "worldwide disaster"? :D

stuartmitch

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Mornington
Worldwide disaster? Overhype much? Maybe "annoying", even 'maddening", but "worldwide disaster"? :D
Obviously it's a problem just for me!! Clearly I'm special!!:cool:
[doublepost=1540082709][/doublepost]
Did you try cmd-a, cmd-c and then cmd-v? It works for me right now with Mojave. Maybe you can fix the "worldwide disaster" you mention with these key combination sequence.
Thanks for the advice. Nope, I've tried all those. No luck. It goes through the steps but doesn't actually paste anything.
[doublepost=1540082789][/doublepost]
Thanks Fisherking. I'll give it a try. Can I ask why this would help?

Last edited by a moderator:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Obviously it's a problem just for me!! Clearly I'm special!!:cool:
[doublepost=1540082709][/doublepost]
Thanks for the advice. Nope, I've tried all those. No luck. It goes through the steps but doesn't actually paste anything.
[doublepost=1540082789][/doublepost]
Thanks Fisherking. I'll give it a try. Can I ask why this would help?

did you check it out? you drag an image in, then drag a folder in, and... the image is now the icon for the folder (& if u want that icon on a file, you can do the standard cut&paste icon thing).

.::Craig::.

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Is anyone else having issues editing photos on Mojave?

I noticed since upgrading that both the stock Photo's app & Photoshop both add faint colour blocking artifacts onto my photos. This can happen even when you simply crop a photo.

Its very annoying, My other mac running High Sierra doesn't do it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
So I deleted App Cleaner and Time Machine finally completed a back up to my Seagate Back Up Plus. Also worked with my Lacie Quadra so I guess all we can do now is wait for a fix for Mojave from Apple.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Whatever it is with App Cleaner has been causing a lot of issues with Time Machine backup.
I am glad it worked out for you after deleting App Cleaner.

hubbahubbahubba

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2018
Hi,
Is anyone else having problems with Spotlight Search? Most of the times when I launch it (CMD+Space), the search bar will vanish in a few seconds (usually under 2s after showing up). I don't even have the time to type in my query.
And it's an erratic behavior: whenever the search bar goes away, I launch it again and then it works. It's very annoying, and to replace it I'm using Alfred's search bar instead...
Any tips? Thx

tnfan

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2016
Franklin, TN
So I deleted App Cleaner and Time Machine finally completed a back up to my Seagate Back Up Plus. Also worked with my Lacie Quadra so I guess all we can do now is wait for a fix for Mojave from Apple.
Deleted App Cleaner but TM still not working! Also Restart locks up and does not finish. Must power down and then power up. Guess I’ll just wait for the next update before contacting Apple support. :(

surferchick2

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2007
Fidalgo Island, WA
When I try to check it updates on my MacBook OS 10.14, it says "unable to check updates. Make sure you are connected to the internet." Im definitely connected to the internet and it's a strong connection. Any suggestion or anyone else having this issue?

Alinani

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2018
I've been having an issue with some icon colours changing randomly. When I open a folder, in dark mode and light, sometimes one of the folders is a different colour. When I open in dark mode, the folder is black and when I hover the curser over some files, they turn red. The same thing happens in light mode but they turn green. Not sure whats happening or if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 5.17.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 5.17.29 PM.png
    632.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 5.16.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 5.16.06 PM.png
    607.1 KB · Views: 128

Premal212

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2017
London UK
Hi everybody!

Was just wondering, do you have problem with Bluetooth audio?

Long story short, when I use a Bluetooth speaker, I need to set the input entry to internal mic, so the speaker can use the SBC codec that is better quality than the SCO codec (the SCO codec brings VERY POOR quality audio).

See this article from Apple's forum https://discussions.apple.com/message/31526751#31526751 which is very similar... The answer selected as "Helpful" did the trick for me...

But I'm wondering is there is a workaround so I wouldn't need to select internal mic each time?

I already tried deleting the two plist files for Bluetooth, audio options from Bluetooth Explorer app and also all the options in the debug menu of Bluetooth, without success.

I have this problem since the first or the second beta of Mojave 10.14 (and still have it on 10.14.1 beta 1).

I would send feedback again to Apple (but with the new informations), but I would like a solution if somebody has one.

Thank you very much in advance.

Francis

I have this issue too, I use the APTx codex with my headphones, and theres massive stuttering when my Mac is under load, I have sent my my logs, hopefully the engineers get back to me on Wednesday. Will let you know then

AshtonDu

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2017
NC
Connect iPhone with Mac (Mojave)
Open Image Capture to view all photos on iPhone
Scroll down to view older photos in Image Capture, then click on any photo to highlight the photo, the photo will not be selected and the window will jump to the very first photo.

This is so interesting...tried on different Macs and saw same problems

Starman535

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2018
I gave up on Mojave. Couldn't restart without losing all user passwords on 10.14.0. Upgraded to 10.14.1, and the no user passwords working continued. Reverted back to 10.13.6. Damned crappy OS, Haven't seen anything like it since the days of OS-X 10.0. Been using Macs since OS 7 (ppc) came out. I really hope Apple people scan these pages to find bugs to fix.

Reactions: supermars

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I gave up on Mojave. Couldn't restart without losing all user passwords on 10.14.0. Upgraded to 10.14.1, and the no user passwords working continued. Reverted back to 10.13.6. Damned crappy OS, Haven't seen anything like it since the days of OS-X 10.0. Been using Macs since OS 7 (ppc) came out. I really hope Apple people scan these pages to find bugs to fix.

what did you lose exactly? because that's not a common issue with mojave, but an issue you're having. sometimes, worth asking for help, rather than run back to an older OS (just a thought)...

Starman535

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2018
what did you lose exactly? because that's not a common issue with mojave, but an issue you're having. sometimes, worth asking for help, rather than run back to an older OS (just a thought)...
I did ask for Apple help. They said, restart Command-C, when the utilities screen comes on, open Terminal, type "resetpassword" and the password utility will allow resetting the passwords. I did that, it only worked ONCE, on update from 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14.0, never again. Couldn't tell if I lost anything, because I couldn't even log on. Its a laptop, and I couldn't even let it go to sleep without losing the ability to log on again. Like I said, the crappiest OS since 10.0.0. I need to keep it up to date, but my wife uses it too, and she could not with this OS.

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
I did ask for Apple help. They said, restart Command-C, when the utilities screen comes on, open Terminal, type "resetpassword" and the password utility will allow resetting the passwords. I did that, it only worked ONCE, on update from 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14.0, never again. Couldn't tell if I lost anything, because I couldn't even log on. Its a laptop, and I couldn't even let it go to sleep without losing the ability to log on again. Like I said, the crappiest OS since 10.0.0. I need to keep it up to date, but my wife uses it too, and she could not with this OS.
I suspect that there is some obscure third party software involved. Or undetected malware. At this point, I would format the whole disk and do a clean install.

DS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.