macOS Mojave - Podcasts app?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by TheStanimal24, Jun 5, 2018.

1. TheStanimal24 macrumors newbie

Morning all,

In previous Mac Blog posts, in the beta releases of High Sierra there were mentions of a macOS Podcast app in the code.

Anyone seeing anything similar in macOS Mojave? Thanks in advance.

2. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

All I know is that there's a Voice Memo application. I didn't hear or see anything about a 'podcast' application.

3. TheStanimal24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response-- I cannot locate the article now, but I remember seeing a mention of code that pointed to a potential macOS podcast app (standalone outside of iTunes). Would be a welcome addition!

4. thingstoponder macrumors 6502

thingstoponder

Anyone have the article? This is my most wanted feature. Podcasts in iTunes is terrible.

5. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502a

Mac-lover3

I'm guessing this isn't going to happen till they break up iTunes in different apps. Once you disconnect Podcasts, why not all the rest?

6. Mr. 123 macrumors regular

Am I the only one who likes that iTunes has all these different features... splitting up iTunes would just give more icons in the dock which isn’t really useful.

7. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502a

Mac-lover3

Nope, I don’t hold any grudges against iTunes while it’s not the most snappy app it’s gotten better recently.

8. MacHiavelli macrumors 65816

MacHiavelli

9. Starplayr macrumors 6502

Starplayr

iTunes is just plain terrible. It usually can't even play a full podcast 100% even when it is downloaded to disk. I've been using Quicktime player instead which isn't that great either but it works. I've been tempted to write a new Radio app for the Mac. It's been ten years since my Mac Radio App days, but iTunes over is horrible. We need something that works like it should.