MacRumors.com User Created Apps List

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jeremy1026, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Lets start a list of apps that are created by the members of Mac Rumors. To get your apps on the list please either reply to this thread or PM me with your app(s) name(s). I think it'll be cool to see what everyone here has been able to create. I will update the list as often as possible and all apps will be listed alphabetically.

Now featuring 44 apps created by MacRumors.com Users.

• [app]ABContacts[/app] vettori
    • [app]A.K.A.[/app] dejo
    • [app]Auto Loan / Lease Calculator[/app] brdgolf1
    • [app]Call Now[/app] dougdawson
    • [app]Chalkboard Calculator[/app] jshmrsn
    • [app]ClockFS[/app] Jeremy1026
    • [app]ColorTilt[/app] macmacey
    • [app]ColorTouch[/app] macmacey
    • [app]Dotty Shapes[/app] macmacey
    • [app]Escape Pod[/app] Pring
    • [app]Equivalence[/app] Sbrocket
    • [app]FINANCIAL CALC[/app] axelx68
    • [app]Flash Dial[/app] Jeremy1026
    • [app]HiKaChan Hiragana Japanese[/app] TripleJ
    • [app]HiKaChan Katakana Japanese[/app] TripleJ
    • [app]Hiqup[/app] moopf
    • [app]iBinaryClock[/app] mccannmarc
    • [app]iCube[/app] nokq
    • [app]iDice[/app] Jeremy1026
    • [app]iDiscount[/app] brdgolf1
    • [app]Imangi[/app] kshep
    • [app]iNap[/app] jolla
    • [app]iRead[/app] jstanier
    • [app]iSSH[/app] canadacow
    • [app]iLeaseMyCar[/app] nottooshabby
    • [app]Light Show[/app] Jeremy1026
    • [app]MasterBrain[/app] nkooiker
    • [app]Memengo Wallet[/app] DenNukem
    • [app]Mind Warp[/app] xsmasher
    • [app]Otus Trivia Quiz[/app] RossOliver
    • [app]Pocket Sounds[/app] Mac Me Up
    • [app]Rock Paper Scissors[/app] vettori
    • [app]Rogue Vertex[/app] sesnir
    • [app]ScoreCounter[/app] ghayenga
    • [app]Serpents[/app] macmacey
    • [app]Shopping List[/app] vettori
    • [app]TanZen[/app] Delirium39
    • [app]Task Focus[/app] jstanier
    • [app]Task Time Calc[/app] Brendan.Porter
    • [app]TiltMeter[/app] CarlosH
    • [app]TrueLove[/app] DenNukem
    • [app]Voyeur[/app] Mose9634
    • [app]Workout Buddy[/app] xsmasher

2. Pring macrumors 6502

My application Escape Pod went up today. It allows you to play a specific sounds while you're on a phone call to allow you to 'escape' from calls you on longer wish to be on (eg play the doorbell noise and say "I have to go, someone's at the door!". You can also record your own sounds.

3. DenNukem macrumors member

DenNukem

Memengo Wallet - stores you passwords encrypted. Also has optional online sync, in case your phone is lost is just too far away from where you sit.

4. TripleJ macrumors regular

HiKaChan - An illustrated interactive flashcard set to learn Hiragana (and in a few days Katakana as well) :)

Have a few more applications on the way as well. Great idea for a thread.

5. jshmrsn macrumors member

I have one app on the store, and one still in dev.

Chalkboard
    "Chalkboard is an unconventional, yet intuitive, "calculator." It allows you to describe equations the way you would with traditional paper and pencil. Only now, the number crunching is done for you, at the press of a button. "

"On the technical side, Chalkboard is designed to emulate the functionality of a programming language, while maintaining a syntax with the potential simplicity of a traditional calculator. "

Dogfight
    Dogfight is a combat flight simulator that is fully 3D, not only in that the objects are rendered in OpenGL, but the movement of the aircraft is fully 3D and natural. The accelerometer is used to control roll and pitch rotation, the touchscreen is used to control yaw rotation, breaking/accel and shooting.
    I'll upload another video some time showing the shooting and the fire/smoke effects.

Thank you for all the help this community has offered me!

6. Mac Me Up macrumors regular

7. nottooshabby macrumors 6502

iLeaseMyCar New update just posted, only took 6 days for review BTW

8. ghayenga macrumors regular

ScoreCounter

For keeping score and time while refereeing a fencing bout.

(How do I get the app store link like everyone else has?)

9. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Right-click the name in the App Store:
    scorecounter.png

10. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

11. Jeremy1026 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

The list is growing nicely. For those that have apps in review, when they get accepted please repost them so I can put them into the list.

12. xsmasher macrumors regular

xsmasher

MindWarp for iPhone

My first app is "Mind Warp" - a pet rock of an application, fun to show off down at the pub. My second (and more substantial) app is still in review.

13. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

14. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

15. Delirium39 macrumors regular

I make TanZen, which is a puzzle game, with over 200 puzzles and growing.

16. Mac Me Up macrumors regular

I just had a thought on this...call me paranoid but let's suppose for a second what we're doing on this forum is against the NDA (all the discussions that we are having). Now :apple: has a concrete way to link user accounts to apps, which they can ban.

I don't personally care, because I've found this forum incredibly helpful and will continue to support it....but I was just thinking about that this morning...:eek:

;)

17. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Actually, all they have to do is either ask arn for the IP addresses or the emails.

18. macmacey macrumors newbie

IMAK Creations Apps: ColorTilt, ColorTouch, Dotty Shapes, Hold On!, Serpents

I convinced my wife and our two sons to start an iPhone software development company this summer. Ever since my son and I waited in line for the first iPhone, we've been hooked. None of us have any prior X-code programming experience, and so our apps are pretty basic. Our philosophy is to work on apps we enjoy and make them better over time.

• ColorTilt - $0.99 Art doodling program with unique tilt to select drawing color.
    The only app that has paid the bills, due mainly to luck and placement on the "What's New" list. We started a web gallery of artwork created with ColorTilt.

• ColorTouch - $0.99 ColorTilt look-alike but with touch instead of tilt to select the drawing color for those frustrated by the tilt.

• Dotty Shapes - $0.99 Connect-the-dots program for learning shapes, numbers, and letters.

• Hold On! - FREE "Productivity App". Our most-reviewed app.
    My oldest son gets credit for this one. We were on vacation when this hit the store and we loved reading all of the hilarious reviews.

• Serpents - $0.99 Tilt-controlled "Tron meets Snake" game.
    This was our biggest disappointment. We worked really hard on this one and thought we had something unique, but even the drop to $0.99 did not spur sales. Time to learn OpenGL ES.

• Serpents Lite - FREE Lite version of Serpents.
    Further disappointment. We can't even give the game away:(. Back to the drawing board.

19. brdgolf1 macrumors member

I have the following two apps:

Auto Loan / Lease Calculator: Does exactly what it says. Nifty sliders for easily changing params of the loan calculation

iDiscount: Simple tool to figure out 1 discount and then also a second discount for people shopping. Ever see the sign take an additional % off. this tool does that for you.

BTW, how do I provide a link to these apps for you?

20. dougdawson macrumors member

You don't have to break the (can't talk about it) to participate in this forum, all you have to do is not break the (can't talk about it). To be fair, this is actually quite hard and limiting, and I've had to step outside for a smoke every time I've started to post here, and have cancelled more posts than I've put through.

My own contribution to this thread is [app]Call Now[/app], the only "1 button dialer" that actually works right, and we've bought and examined them ALL. It was written back in March as an exercise in understanding what we could and couldn't get away with re. threading on the (device that can't be mentioned). We weren't originally going to release it, but when we saw what other people had come up with, we changed our minds.

Doug (and T. and J.)

21. vettori macrumors 6502a

My app ABGroups was renamed to ABContacts Lite as ABContacts is now available.

22. moopf macrumors member

Hiqup

Hiqup - $1.99
    If you're familiar with Hi-Q or peg solitaire then the basics will be familiar to you but Hiqup takes this further by introducing pieces that can only move in certain ways, bombs, teleports, jumpers and blackholes to make it more of a puzzler as well. There are 47 levels including 7 tutorial levels and there's an additional 10 classic peg solitaire levels if you want to play the old classic. There are three different types of board in the main game - boards where you have to remove as many pieces as possible, boards where you have to land your pieces into special spaces on the board and lastly time boards, where you have to complete boards in a given time limit. You can earn gold, silver and bronze medals on all the boards and it stores your best times etc.