MacRumors - Front Page Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by tweezerz, Dec 3, 2007.

1. tweezerz macrumors newbie

I don't know where else to post this but I wanted to put it out there. I noticed that I go to AppleInsider more than MacRumors each day because I can read multiple headlines at one time.... On this site I have to scroll to read more news...

Just thought you might want the feedback. Please change this to a different Forum if it is not applicable here. I was unable to find a better place to post this.

Z

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If what you're interested in is a quick listing of article headlines and some intro text, why not use the RSS feed?

I have the opposite opinion...I don't like having to click through and wait for pages to load in order to see the articles over at AppleInsider. I much prefer having everything on the front page.

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

My guess is that most people side with WildCowboy... in that I think we'd have a revolt if we moved to a list of headlines, and click to read the article format. That being said, it's not impossible to have that as an alternative view for people who really prefer it.

arn

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

One problem with RSS (I mentioned this a while back) is that you only get a line of the story...changing this would be nice, and give users the two options...

6. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

A full email of each new front page post would be good. Like I get from the Yahoo groups. Maybe that's just me. :cool:

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I agree with you WildCowboy, but to each their own I suppose. :)

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

x2

9. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I'm sure this would greatly complicate the front page, but what about collapsible articles?

The front page could be coded to load the full article, but only display the headline, and you'd only need to click on an expand button to expand the full article into view. The article text would already be loaded, just initially hidden from view.

I'm not sure that I'd prefer this, but thought I should suggest it.

10. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

^ That would be quite slick - for those who want it
    Personally I side with WildCowboy in that I like to be able to scroll down the page, catch the headline and then read the article all in one page

11. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

I too prefer scrolling down the full articles.