Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
All my life, I never knew what "HB" stood for.

"Hard" and "Black".

Reactions: SFjohn

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
But doesn’t this coat of paint make the Pencil even more slippery in hand?
At least with a silicone sleeve, it adds much needed grip.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Too bad it is a limited edition. Even though it is much more expensive, it looks very good.

joecomo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
This is the first coloring option I would have considered - unfortunately pencil 3 is around the corner

nsklaus

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2020
Different commenter. My iPad Air (M1) battery drops quickly when using the Apple Pencil 2 in Notes. What the other commenter said is largely accurate about battery life in my experience. I can maybe get a couple hours of use before needing to charge the iPad. In some drawing apps I've tested though, the battery lasts much longer.
thank you for adding your voice about this issue.

i suspect the bug is in the apple code responsible for handling handwriting.
that would explain why some other apps using their own way of handling the pencil would provide longer usage possibility. for what it's worth, i also tried to create a DIY makeshift pencil (tutorial on youtube, but basicaly: a ear cleaner, a piece of tinfoil sheet, and moisture (water)), i turned off bluetooth, and tested writing with it in notes.app. the results were similar about ipad battery being drained fast. and also the annoying automatic shapes was also still there unfortunately. i so want an option to disable that..

Last edited:

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: ronntaylor

litmag01

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
I have liked Colorware for years. They do really good work. I miss their Apple employee discount.

ronntaylor

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I like it, but I’d find that the constant reminded that the reverse end of Apple Pencil doesn’t have eraser functionality would be annoying. Why, Apple?

Reactions: jacobgkau

FineWoven

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
I’ve never once felt compelled to take advantage of Apple’s free engraving when placing an online order. The lone exception being my Pencil 2. I couldn’t resist.

View attachment 2347783

That said, ColorWare’s spin is super fun.
Ugh that’s so clever. Not being sarcastic btw I really do genuinely like this idea haha when I was about to buy my AP2 I was trying to think of something fun to have engraved on it and I didn’t come up with anything besides my name and that was about it 😅

• Love
Reactions: lazyrighteye
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.