Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Intrepid Bag Co to give MacRumors readers a chance to win one of the company's high-quality Journeyman Commuter Leather Messenger Bags. Priced at $379, the Journeyman is a cross-body messenger bag made from Latigo Saddle Leather in a rich brown color.

intrepidjourneyman.jpg
The bag has a minimalist design with a simple flap held by two buckles, but it's equipped with lots of pockets to hold all of your gear. There's a suspended laptop pocket that can hold a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro (or smaller) and an iPad, plus there are additional pockets for the iPhone, chargers, documents, passports, pens, and more.

intrepidjourneyman2.jpg
There's a herringbone lining on the inside, steel hardware, and a side-mounted padded strap to distribute weight comfortably.

intrepidjourneyman3.jpg
The Journeyman's unique styling and fit makes it a true stand out with its 2" padded side-mounted strap that disperses weight evenly across your shoulders and stays in place perfectly. Think of this as your new lifelong traveling partner for all your EDC that only gets better with age.
Intrepid's Journeyman Messenger Bag, one of its first products, was the result of a Kickstarter campaign, and in the very near future, the company is expanding to offer several other bags and accessories.

wayfarermessenger.jpg
Intrepid's latest collection, Explorer, recently debuted on Kickstarter. The Explorer collection includes the company's all new Wayfarer Messenger bag, which is its biggest yet and capable of holding a 15 to 17-inch MacBook, plus it includes a convertible backpack/messenger bag and a Tech Roll that holds cords, hard drives, and other loose accessories. Each piece in the collection, which ships in August, can be pre-ordered from Kickstarter.

To enter to win one of the Journeyman Messenger Bags, use the Rafflecopter widget below. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube Channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page. Due to the intricacies of international law regarding giveaways, this giveaway is open only to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older.

The giveaway will run from today, Friday, May 15 at 11:15 a.m. Pacific Time through Friday May 22 at 11:15 a.m. Pacific Time. Winners will be chosen randomly on May 22 and will be contacted through email. A response to our email is required within 48 hours or the winner will forfeit the prize and we will pick a new winner.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Journeyman Leather Messenger Bag from Intrepid Bag Co

Dargoth

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2014
Sounds nice! Let's all be thankful for MacRumors giving away something they absolutely do not have to give away. Haha, who am I kidding… Incoming complaints! :D

Pakaku

macrumors 68030
Aug 29, 2009
Next time you guys do a contest, please put in the header: "(US Only) MacrRumors Giveaway: Win a _______", so the rest of us don't have to waste our time skipping to the bottom of an article.

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
Very nice looking!

Cant really tell the quality of the leather from the photo, but the design and interior is really nice! I have been wanting a nice brown bag for my Macbook... Here's hoping :D

ofcrpls

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2012
Does anyone ever win these giveaways? I'd like to see a series of reviews of items that have been part of giveaways.

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Next time you guys do a contest, please put in the header: "(US Only) MacrRumors Giveaway: Win a _______", so the rest of us don't have to waste our time skipping to the bottom of an article.

Just assume you're not invited to the party. That's what I do.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Ooh! This looks like exactly the type of bags I was pricing for grad school, but they were too expensive.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Don't people already know that about the giveaways? And if not, not a big deal if they read one fully and find that out.

iPro97

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Honest question: if I am 17 and in the U.S. can I really not qualify for these giveaways? Maybe I could just say I'm 18 or would they know? Some of these seem too good to pass up.

Dargoth

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2014
Does anyone ever win these giveaways? I'd like to see a series of reviews of items that have been part of giveaways.

I won a case with the MacRumors logo on it for my iPhone 6 once. It's actually a pretty good case, considering the price. ;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
... we further alienate all members who are not US residents.

If other US-based firms can offer international prize draws (and they do), so can MacRumors.
And some don't. Some don't offer any prizes at all to anyone. If this is truly something that alienates someone from the site/service, well, that's truly making a mountain out of a molehill, and is basically something based on underpinnings of jealousy/envy, but it's their personal choice of course and they can go at any time for any reason.

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
... we further alienate all members who are not US residents.

If other US-based firms can offer international prize draws (and they do), so can MacRumors.

And some international websites alienate the US and NA. All countries have different regulations when offering prizes via sweepstakes.

bluespark

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Whatever one thinks of this bag, it is not, in fact, a "minimalist design." MacRumors, I suggest you study Minimalism before throwing that label around. It's not just a buzzword; it's a major artistic movement with defined characteristics.

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013

Nice. Now I read this. Removing my email, twitter, and everything else from this contest. Thanks macrumors for this discrimination.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.