Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with AyeGear to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a V26 Travel Vest, which is a tech vest that's able to hold an iPhone, an iPad, a Retina MacBook, and a huge number of accessories in its dedicated pockets.

There are 26 total pockets in the Travel Vest, with seven on the outside and 19 on the inside. The two largest inner pockets can hold dual iPads or an iPad and a 12-inch MacBook, and there are also two smartphone pockets with transparent touch pockets for housing an iPhone. With the transparent fabric, the touchscreen of the iPhone is usable while it's tucked away and earbuds can be routed through the top of the vest for listening to music.

ayegearvest.jpg

Internal wire management keeps cords from getting tangled, and there are pockets that will hold a range of accessories like credit cards, cash, glasses, a passport, a camera, a water bottle, and more. The vest itself is waterproof, breathable, and windproof, so it can be used in all weather conditions.

According to AyeGear, the Travel Vest is ideal for outdoor activities like walking, hiking, and backpacking, but it's also useful for airline travel or professions where multiple accessories and devices need to be on hand at all time, such as photography.

The AyeGear V26 Travel Vest can be purchased from the AyeGear website for GBP99.99 or $145, but one MacRumors reader can win one through our giveaway. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prizes.

You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page. Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter.

The contest will run from today (February 12) at 12:15 p.m. Pacific Time through 12:15 p.m. Pacific Time on February 19. The winner will be chosen randomly on February 19 and will be contacted by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond a before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Tech Travel Vest From AyeGear

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
A giveaway of a travel vest from a company in Scotland, only open to U.S. residents. I'm sure that won't annoy people who were already annoyed about the giveaway restrictions! :rolleyes:;):D

Actually looks quite a nifty product I think, good luck to those who can enter.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Anybody know how these vests compare to Scottevests? These hidden multi-pockets have always interested me for travel, but no way I'm spending >$100 on a vest that I'll wear so infrequently.

Reactions: Jason83

jblagden

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2013

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with AyeGear to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a V26 Travel Vest, which is a tech vest that's able to hold an iPhone, an iPad, a Retina MacBook, and a huge number of accessories in its dedicated pockets.

There are 26 total pockets in the Travel Vest, with seven on the outside and 19 on the inside. The two largest inner pockets can hold dual iPads or an iPad and a 12-inch MacBook, and there are also two smartphone pockets with transparent touch pockets for housing an iPhone. With the transparent fabric, the touchscreen of the iPhone is usable while it's tucked away and earbuds can be routed through the top of the vest for listening to music.

ayegearvest.jpg

Internal wire management keeps cords from getting tangled, and there are pockets that will hold a range of accessories like credit cards, cash, glasses, a passport, a camera, a water bottle, and more. The vest itself is waterproof, breathable, and windproof, so it can be used in all weather conditions.

According to AyeGear, the Travel Vest is ideal for outdoor activities like walking, hiking, and backpacking, but it's also useful for airline travel or professions where multiple accessories and devices need to be on hand at all time, such as photography.

The AyeGear V26 Travel Vest can be purchased from the AyeGear website for GBP99.99 or $145, but one MacRumors reader can win one through our giveaway. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prizes.

You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page. Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter.

The contest will run from today (February 12) at 12:15 p.m. Pacific Time through 12:15 p.m. Pacific Time on February 19. The winner will be chosen randomly on February 19 and will be contacted by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond a before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Tech Travel Vest From AyeGear
I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t usually wear a vest. This would be rather unusual for me. And it would be weighed down with my regular (non-retina) MacBook Pro.

jblagden

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2013
A bottle of water wedged against a $500 tablet. Nope, nothing can go wrong there.

And, as others have mentioned, what's with the little pair of jeans?
I didn’t notice that until you pointed it out.

I guess they forgot the black turtleneck.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005

Thanks but I am aware of that thread (I actually posted in it a while back). I'm not entirely sure what your point was given the lack of any context, but I was specifically commenting on this giveaway, hence my posting here. I just found it particularly amusing/bemusing in this instance for the reasons I referred to. :)

It's still always worth reposting the link though I guess, for people who want to post about the somewhat odd (if somewhat understandable) restrictions more generally.

metrian835

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
Near DC
Anybody know how these vests compare to Scottevests? These hidden multi-pockets have always interested me for travel, but no way I'm spending >$100 on a vest that I'll wear so infrequently.

Scottevest has proof that someone from AyeGear essentially stole their ideas after purchasing one of their products. I believe they are currently still in the process of suing AyeGear. I prefer Scottevest because it's a quality product that is original and actually useful in my life.

AyeGear is little more than a cheap knockoff.

Reactions: pdaholic

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Why would you wear your iPad and laptop??!?! Why??!! For the love of all that is sane... WHY!!!?!
If you travel a lot, you often want to stick to one bag, and one bag only. Firstly, you'll have only one bag to mind. And secondly, you often can bring one piece of hand luggage on flights.

Thus it makes some sense to wear a vest that can store a lot of things.

AyeGear

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Scottevest has proof that someone from AyeGear essentially stole their ideas after purchasing one of their products. I believe they are currently still in the process of suing AyeGear. I prefer Scottevest because it's a quality product that is original and actually useful in my life.

AyeGear is little more than a cheap knockoff.

Thank you for the message.

I'm afraid purchasing something from company A does not equate to 'knocked-off'. By this very definition, the CEO of Scottvest has purchased various garments before they started and has also recently backed the recent 'Worlds Best Travel Jacket' aka BauBax project on Kickstarter, does this mean they will knock it off?

No one is suing anyone, they tried but petty claims of using their non-existant trademarks and EU rights were rubbished. None of our garments have their patent implemented nor do we advertise this.

Your entitled to your opinion of us, we have thousands of satisfied customers and media personnel who have tried/tested our garments and they love it.

p.s. MacRumors readers can use discount code MACRUMORS at checkout for a 10% discount.

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
If you travel a lot, you often want to stick to one bag, and one bag only. Firstly, you'll have only one bag to mind. And secondly, you often can bring one piece of hand luggage on flights.

Thus it makes some sense to wear a vest that can store a lot of things.

Thanks for your comment. I was wondering the same thing as the previous poster and your answer makes a lot sense. I fly a lot so I should have thought of that but it didn't click with me when looking at the vest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.