MacRumors Giveaway: Win an Aluminum Slim Wireless Keyboard From Satechi

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 31, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Satechi to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win an Aluminum Slim Wireless Keyboard.

Satechi's keyboard, priced at $74.99, is a simple wire-free keyboard that connects to your Mac or iOS device via Bluetooth.

[​IMG]

It's available in silver with white keys or space gray with black keys to match Apple's silver and space gray devices. It's also been designed with diamond cut chamfered edges for a design that rivals Apple's own Bluetooth keyboard.

[​IMG]

The Aluminum Slim Wireless Keyboard was created specifically with the Mac in mind with function hot keys, a full numeric keyboard, and a USB-C port for recharging. It connects via Bluetooth 3.0 and has a range of 33 feet.

[​IMG]

You can connect up to four devices at once to the keyboard, and switch between them with a button press on one of the four Bluetooth keys. Compatible devices include iMac Pro, iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook, MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, and iPhone.

[​IMG]

We have seven of Saetchi's Aluminum Slim Wireless Keyboards to give away. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (August 31) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 7. The winners will be chosen randomly on September 7 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win an Aluminum Slim Wireless Keyboard From Satechi

2. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Looks really sleek!

Would Love for Apple to implement a way, or make a wireless keyboard to fully wakeup a MBP (even from deep sleep) as it seems they don't fully power down when you lift the lid up to cause it to boot up.

3. 69Mustang macrumors 604

69Mustang

Although not for me, nice looking keyboard. Mechanical is my preference. All in all, another cool MR give away.

4. shareef777 Suspended

shareef777

Satechi has some really great stuff. About to order a laptop/headphone stand. Was thinking of getting these keyboard/mouse too, but can't justify it as I already have the Apple keyboard/mouse.

5. ike1707 macrumors 6502

ike1707

you know what works friggin great as a classy over-ear headphones stand are banana hangers

6. shareef777 Suspended

shareef777

If I can find one in space gray I’d buy it lol.

7. ike1707 macrumors 6502

ike1707

best belly laugh of my day. thanks, mate.

8. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I wish the control key was in the correct spot.

9. Mr. Donahue macrumors 6502

Mr. Donahue

What happened to that air pods give away. Winners picked?

10. Dahveed 1954 macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

11. KaliYoni macrumors member

An interesting difference between many non-Apple "designed for Mac" keyboards and Apples' longtime design is the absence of an = key on the number pad. As a longtime Mac user, I rely on the = key a lot. Yeah, I know Windows types probably prefer their extra-jumbo Enter key but hey, if I wanted a Dell or HP machine, I would just buy one.

12. SnarkyBear macrumors regular

SnarkyBear

Deleted original post...I had the wrong keyboard referenced.

13. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

The blue screen print ruins the monochrome aesthetic and adds to the production cost. Pass.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 31, 2018 ---
    Wut? Looks just like my Macbook keyboard layout?

14. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Don’t like anything Satechi. Theirs hubs suck.

15. chucker23n1 macrumors 68020

chucker23n1

Would prefer it without a numpad. What I really want, though, is a good 3rd-party trackpad.

16. Gasu E. macrumors 601

Gasu E.

The banana stand is a great idea. There's always money in a banana stand idea!

17. DogHouseDub macrumors 6502

DogHouseDub

18. chucker23n1 macrumors 68020

chucker23n1

It costs half as much, for one.

19. The Phazer macrumors 68030

USB-C charging over crappy Lightning, and presumably this has a functional amount of key travel.

20. coolfactor macrumors 601

Straight keyboards are so bad for our wrists. We need more options for split keyboards, designed for Mac.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 3, 2018 ---
    Just curious, what is the charging time difference with pure-USB vs Apple's use of a Lightning cable? Lightning can charge iPads quickly, why not keyboards?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 3, 2018 ---
    What is the "correct" spot for the Control key? Are you referring to a typical PC keyboard layout that has it on the bottom-left corner?

21. albusseverus macrumors 6502a

albusseverus

What saves your wrists is not resting your forearms or elbows on the desk. I've spend a career correcting so-called ergonomic advice that creates injury. As long as your arms are hanging relaxed from your shoulders and your wrists are higher than your elbows, you won't get injuries from a keyboard. It's ok to rest your wrists on the edge of the desk, as long as your arms are hanging free.

The Control key is in the correct position, for an Apple user/keyboard, pay no attention to the troll.

Illuminated keys are the big deal. Once you've used an illuminated keyboard, you'll never go back. Illuminate the keys and you have a winner.

22. dmi macrumors regular

Could be a reasonable solution to the butterfly keyboard with missing escape key problem, if only it had a trackpad attached to it.

23. bluespark macrumors 68000

These look really nice, but what about the Home-End-Pg. Up-Pg. Down-Foward Delete keys? I use those all the time.

24. JemiS macrumors member

Has anyone actually used these? They look interesting, but feel is like 90% of a keyboards functionality, and I can't find reviews on them anywhere.

The older/cheaper generation seems to be really poorly reviewed.

25. TheralSadurns macrumors 6502a

That's what I wonder, too. Can't find any reviews on that keyboard...