Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with iPhone case maker CaseBorne to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win one of Apple's 128GB iPhone 13 models along with a set of iPhone 13 cases to go along with it.

caseborne-clear-cases.jpg

CaseBorne, rebranded this year from ArmadilloTek, offers a range of different case options that are designed to keep Apple's iPhones safe from bumps, drops, and scratches. CaseBorne is having a 40 percent off sale on Amazon, so its case options are super affordable right now. Discounts are applied at checkout when using the links in our article.

The R Series cases, priced at $20 with the discount, are made from a clear polycarbonate material that leaves the body of the iPhone visible so you're not hiding the smartphone's design.

caseborne-r-series-info.jpg

The cases feature soft rubber inside to absorb shock should the iPhone be dropped, and the case is enclosed in a protective aluminum frame available in iridescent, black, pink, and red. A raised lip protects the front of the display, and all buttons are protected but usable. It offers 12-foot drop protection without adding a significant amount of bulk.

caseborne-r-series-carbon-fiber.jpg

CaseBorne also makes the R Series cases with a Kevlar/Aramid Fiber frame as an alternative to the clear polycarbonate, with this version available in black or red and priced at $24 with the discount.

For those who need maximum protection, CaseBorne offers the Vanguard Series cases, which are thicker and more rugged. Priced at $14 with the discount, the V Series cases offer three layers of protection and can keep the iPhone safe from drops as high as 21 feet.

caseborne-v-series-info.jpg

There's a shock absorbent TPU material that combines with a hard plastic shell for total device protection, and the honeycomb design and reinforced corners provide additional protection for the iPhone's weak spots. There's a protective screen and the sides protect the buttons, plus plug-ins keep ports safe from dust.

caseborne-v-series-details.jpg

The V Series cases come in black, orange, purple, and red, and there's a built-in kickstand at the back that can be pulled out when using the iPhone to watch videos.

v-series-caseborne.jpg

We have one 128GB iPhone 13 to give away, and the winner will be able to pick the color of their choice. CaseBorne is also including a selection of its cases to fit the iPhone 13.

caseborne-v-series-design.jpg

To enter to win our giveaway, use the Gleam.io widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (October 22) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on October 29. The winner will be chosen randomly on October 29 and will be contacted by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win an iPhone 13 and Set of iPhone Cases From CaseBorne

Reactions: Pink2 and jz0309
You’ve really been slacking as of late… probably cause you’re having too much fun with your new watch :D :rolleyes:
Too busy working on this thread, LOL! The watch itself is amazing. I love it

phgreer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Greenville, SC
Just an update - I am the one who won the contest. Once I was connected with MacRumors and the guy at Caseborne I received the gift card. I have not received the cases yet but that's not a big deal. I know their paying customers come first.

The nightmare began when I went to the Apple Store to buy the Iphone 13 with the gift card. The process of buying and transferring to the new phone went well too.

However this is a warning to anyone going to upgrade an iPhone at an Apple Store if you previously bought a phone at an at&t store. Apple blindly took the iphone 11 we had as a trade-in. They never asked if we were still making payments. I was dumb enough to think if I traded in my old phone they would notify at&t. at&t is not recognizing the I traded in the phone we financed through at&t (I'll never do that again!) and they are still insisting i make payments on a phone I no longer have in my possession. Apple took it to refurbish or recycle and transfer everything over to the new iPhone 13. I went to the Apple to complain and they acted like I was trying to steal from them and got very ugly and said it was my responsibility to tell them I was making payments - That's kind fair enough but they should have asked during the sales process. They tried to give me some kind of mumbo-jumbo about privacy but I would have given them permission and it seems they would have been able to get a notification the phone was still under installment payments and to tell me to trade in at at&t instead.

I really wish apple had their own wireless service or at least do something like Mint Mobile or the other piggyback services. I would switch in a second to Apple Wireless! I told at&t I was considering switching to another carrier and they didn't carry and by that time I was moved up to the loyalty Dept. which is supposed to retain customers. I was with at&t when the first iphone came out and I bought the first iphone at full price. I would urge anyone here to get away from at&t ASAP.

I almost will I hadn't won the contest if I had know all the stuff I would have gone through. All that being said I am very thankful for Macrumors and Caseborne for the prize.

I will just say this. If you go to Apple to upgrade your phone and still have one that is on installment payments don't count on a trade-in to lower your phone bill - they will make you continue paying on the old phone. As it stands now we still have fifteen months of payments - that's a freakin year and a half. Better to trade in at the cell service after buying to maybe get that off your bill then bring over the new phone. Still do everything at Apple to begin with.

It's just not right I am making payments on a phone I no longer have and using a new phone that was paid outright. If anyone has any good suggestions for a provider to switch to let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.