MacRumors Giveaways... Why are they only open to U.S. residents?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Fabian90, Sep 18, 2015.

1. leonardo_da_dumbo macrumors newbie

leonardo_da_dumbo

I have am an international student with a candain study-Visa in canada, can I still participate?

2. Gravydog316 macrumors 6502

Gravydog316

yes, if you have a canadian ID & address :)

3. Symondavis macrumors newbie

Symondavis

It’s about time Macrumors stops being so closed with their competitions. Why can’t us folk outside of ‘murica be allowed to enter to try an win.

4. DCWolfie macrumors member

DCWolfie

Maybe time to offer all these giveaways to the rest of the world, given the fact that many of the MacRumors readers are not from the US or Canada?

5. leonardo_da_dumbo macrumors newbie

leonardo_da_dumbo

What type of residency should they be, permanent or temporary, or does it not matter what type?

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

“It’s about time”?! LOL!

You’ve been a member for 1 year and posted less than 5x.

7. laptech macrumors regular

laptech

I agree, their excuse of "Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter." does not carry any weight now because there are companies, both large and small, all over the world doing international shipping of products with no problems.

Personally i just feel Macrumours staff are just too lazy to want to get involved in shipping stuff internationally.

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like it's well beyond shopping, as can be seen in the thread. Also, because some other companies might be doing something, it doesn't necessarily mean they are doing it completely legally as far as complying with all the necessary rules and everything else that comes with it.

9. Plett macrumors regular

Plett

Based on the name calling and implied bigotry using the term 'murica, why would anyone consider your plea?